What Do You Dream About?

Start from the beginning

He walked up to the couple and smiled, "I expected Rain to eat all the food before I even arrived". "Don't worry I'll eat it all now", said Rain with an innocent smile on his face. After all these years, he still doesn't get my sarcasm, Sky thought rolling his eyes at Rain. They all sat down and began eating while conversing about how Rain was going to handle his new job.

Sky was concerned about how his silly and naive friend would handle the corporate world, "Rain you need to be careful about what you say and how you behave with your superiors and..", Sky was trying to advise Rain as P'Payu also nodded agreeing with whatever Sky was saying when he felt someone come and take a seat beside him and place their arm at the back of his seat. All of them turned to look at the newcomer. Sky's anxiety shot up when he saw it was P'Pai.

"Let Rain learn from his mistakes Sky. No need to scare him just yet. I'm pretty sure he will do well by himself without our help", he said as if all of them were the best of mates and there was no bad blood between them. Sky shut his mouth completely not daring to utter a word, he wanted to get out of there. But he knew he couldn't, he needed to stand his ground and appear as unaffected as P'Pai did by all this. Rain glared at P'Pai as P'Payu gave him a disapproving look.

"Just look at your friend Rain. He managed to graduate while handling such a huge business and is now so happy and satisfied with his life. You should learn from him", he said with the fakest smile Sky had ever seen. Sky knew it was all mockery and sarcasm. It hurt but he kept his quiet. Nobody said anything about it though and the conversation kept flowing. P'Pai kept mocking him with random comments now and then and so, Sky stuck to sipping his wine.

Sky stumbled down the corridor in a daze. The alcohol in his system blurred his sight and intensified his emotions. It hurt, not physically but on the inside. He just wanted to curl up somewhere and hide till all of this was over. He somehow managed to unlock the door to his room and walked in.

Prapai went after Sky. He knew that Sky was drunk. He shouldn't care about it, they both hated each other, didn't they? He tried hurting Sky every chance he got at the table just now right? but he still went. He couldn't understand why. He found that the door to Sky's suite was unlocked and so he walked in without knocking. What he saw next brought back memories from the past. Taking care of Sky when he was sick, running to Sky's dorm room when he had nightmares, holding him till he fell back asleep...

Sky was curled in a ball, hugging his knees close to his chest. His body shook with little tremors now and then. His face was scrunched up in pure agony like he was seeing the worst of his demons in his nightmare. Tears streamed down his eyes and soaked the pillow he was lying upon. Prapai's legs propelled him towards Sky on their own accord.

He climbed the bed and placed his hand on Sky's shoulder gingerly. He wanted to walk out of this room and walk away. He didn't want to feel all those feelings that made him weak against Sky. That made him want to forget everything Sky did to him. That made him want to beg on his knees, asking Sky to come back to him. Prapai began to pull away.

That's when a small whisper left Sky's trembling lips, "P-Phi", then he began gasping for air, and his body continued to spasm. All of Prapai's defences fell. He rushed towards Sky and pulled him into his arms. He leaned against the headboard of the bed and placed Sky's head on his chest and embraced Sky's back with one arm tightly while he caressed his cheek with the other. He then began rubbing slow circles on Sky's back as he whispered in Sky's ear, "Shush, it's alright. It will be okay. I will make it okay. Calm down... Shush".

The room was darkly lit but he could still make out the silhouettes of broken vases and a flipped table. Prapai knew Sky was drinking too much back at the table. He wanted to stop him but quickly realized that he didn't have any right to. Sky probably was too drunk to notice that Prapai had followed him back to his room.

The glass doors to the balcony overlooking the sea were wide open. A cold wind rushed into the room stirring the white curtains that hung across the windows and the door to the balcony. Sky wasn't shivering as violently now, but small tremors still ran through his body. Prapai was a little startled when Sky wrapped his arms around Prapai's waist tightly and pressed his face and nose closer to Prapai's exposed chest.

Prapai could feel Sky breathing deeply as if he was scenting him. He curled up closer against Prapai if that was even possible as their bodies were already flush against each other. The tears stopped and his breathing calmed slowly. The tremors also subsided after a while. Prapai just held him tight. This closeness felt right. Better than any touch or emotion he had felt in the past two years.

'What kind of nightmare was it that got Sky shivering so violently? Thinking back now, he never got to know the reason for these nightmares even back then. He wanted to know about them. He wanted to protect Sky against them', Prapai was shocked by his train of thought. He wasn't supposed to think these thoughts. Sky didn't want him anymore. Sky could do it with anyone, he didn't need Prapai. And Prapai hated Sky, didn't he? "How many nights have you suffered from these nightmares Sky? Who held you when you were trembling like this? Do you have someone new again? But today you were all alone Sky. And who's gonna rock you the way I do? Who's gonna love you like I do?", Prapai whispered as he felt warm tears staining his cheeks, the ache in his heart becoming unbearable...