CHALLENGE 1 (TSUKIYAMA)

+ My own hc that yams and enno are rlly close and have a good kohai-senpai friendship :DDDD+
Ps: bold: Yamaguchi italics: Tsukishima
"Tadashi, you do know that you don't actually have to do the challenge right? I mean we can just tell them what's going on—"
"No. They are all doing it, I feel bad for not doing it—" "Yamaguchi Tadashi. Everyone is doing this to see if their boyfriends care, and you obviously know what your outcome will be. He does that to you so often he probably won't realise it— What? Okok im coming. I got to go, think over it properly please." The call ended, leaving Yamaguchi in despair, he knew him doing the challenge wouldn't make much of a difference with his relationship or life but he wanted to hold on to the tiny, close to non-existent flicker of hope. Yamaguchi was happy nonetheless when Tsukishima had agreed to being boyfriends... but now that they've grown up, they all became busy with their lives,  Yamaguchi working at an electronic company and Tsukishima having training almost every other day and being out for after training bonding sessions. Yamaguchi really missed the times when they were in high school, when they started dating, when they studied together, ate together, late night calls till 5 despite it being a school night. He knows he shouldn't ask for more with him being the low income pocket but he just missed everything.
While feeling this, he grew a small hobby for singing, doing streams on Twitch to sing, without showing his face of course, still being insecure of those freckles. He mostly sings when Tsukishima has work late and he would just go to the extra room that was given to him and promised by Tsukishima to never go in. Just like today.
"Hey guys! I'm back today, my significant other has work late today so there is an extra stream for this week! But for now lets just sit back and chat? We'll get to the singing later."
Few hours passed, maybe one or two, when he picked up his headphones and started singing, not hearing his husband opening the door.

"That if I can't be close to you
I'll settle for the ghost of you"

He started strumming the guitar, singing his heart out, tears softly streaming down his face, wishing his husband was there, to hug and comfort him, reassuring him about everything.

"And if you can't be next to me
Your memory is ecstasy"

Finishing the song, he clapped his hands and said "Welp, My significant other should be back soon, that's all for today! Bye bye!" He quickly ended the stream, wiping his tears and got out of the room, only to see his beloved on the sofa. (Was he here the whole time? Did he hear it? What if—) Yamaguchi's thoughts were cut off, "Tadashi. Is something wrong?" Ignored.
           Yamaguchi walked to the kitchen, picking up a glass, walking past Tsukishima and sat on the sofa, switching to a drama channel of TV. "Yams? Babe? Is there something wrong?" Tsukishima moved himself closer to the latter, gently placing his hand on the latter's lap, only for it to be moved away. It was then Yamaguchi gave up on the challenge, "Let's take a break."
"What? Why?"
"Because im tired of this, of waiting for you at night, missing the past and crying."
"Tadashi, you're kidding right?"
"No, why would I?"
"What did I do wrong? I promise I'll change. Please I've given you everything—"
          Yamaguchi then told the blonde, that he still has feelings but does not wish to continue this relationship as it was damaging his mental health, in which Tsukishima begged for another chance, to revive their relationship.
          Yamaguchi's heart soften, cracking his self built armour from his true feelings. "I will not remove anything but I just want a break from this relationship."
          With that, Yamaguchi turned and walked to his extra room, he had a bed already there where he spent alone when the latter was away and out of the country.

+ sup my fans~ ok here's another chapter yea 😍 after this its also mostly going to be angst for some ships~ hope yall enjoyed my first angst ending for this book+