chapter three: neveah meets gravity

Start from the beginning

"Veah!"

Topanga frowns for a second. "Not funny, huh. I'll tell you what's not funny. This place loses $1.50 on every bulochki." She looks at the old lady sitting down.

"I bake with love." Svorski defends, placing a hand on her heart. "How can you put prive on love?"

Topanga scoffs out a laugh. "Watch me." She places a price tag on the pastry. "$4.95."

"Ooh! Ka-ching!" Svorski smiles.

Riley sighs and points to the sit. "Bakery window. Bakery window right now." She orders her best friends, Neveah sighs and lets go of Auggie to follow Riley and Maya after waving hi to Svorski.

"That's nice." Maya laughs, "So, your dad's at school, your mom's at our hangout. That's nice."

Neveah giggles softly, causing Riley to look between the two. "You're laughing at me?"

"Inisde, I'm crying so hard." Maya admits.

Neveah shrugs. "I was technically laughing at Maya but yeah, I guess."

Riley gives her a blank stare before sighing with frustration.

"I can't escape them, guys. My, my parents are constantly circling me like planets."

"It's not that bad, Riles." Neveah waves her hand.

Without missing a beat, a knock on the window above them was heard. Neveah pauses as the three girls stared ahead.

"I spoke too soon, huh?"

"Hello." Cory walks into the bakery with a cheesy smile.

"Riley. Neveah. I haven't seen you both in 20 minutes. Did you miss me? 'Cause I missed you." He pulls to the two up from the seat and brings them into a hug. "Auggie, come here. I miss you too, bud." He grabs his son to joing the group hug. Neveah tried pulling away, but the man hugs them tighter.

"Mrs. Svorski. I have someone who I think can be the perfect manager for when I can't be at the bakery." Topanga says.

"This person know way around food game?"

"Absolutely. She's also very colorful. She really gets into whatever she's doing."

Svorski nods in approvement. "Sounds like good woman." Topanga hums with a smile.

"Oh! Sorry I'm late." Neveah manages to pull away from

Cory in time to see Katy Hart leaning against the doorframe.

"My donkey died on way here." The blonde woman said in an accent. She takes a deep breath in before walking deeper into the cafe. "Oh. Smells like being back in kitchen in Ukraine. Waiting for Tato to come home, hoping he has not lost last finger in field mower. Oh, no, no, he did." She frowns.

Svorski shakes her head. "Oh, poort Tato. He can never win at paper, rock, scissors. Always know rock is coming." Katy turns to her. "One-"

"Two-" Svorski joins.

"Three! Rock!" They say together.

Svorski leans closer to Topanga. "I like her." Katy giggles, glad that she made a good impression.

"Hi, mama Kate." Neveah waves at the woman.

"Oh, hi Veah." Katy smiles.

"Mom." Maya bluntly states, sliding off the window seat.

Katy gasps, "Ohh, Mayabushka. I am gonna be here all the time now, baby girl. How great is that?" She pulls Maya into a hug.

Neveah looks at her Godparents and best friend's mom with a laugh. "So, your parents are here." She points to Riley then turns to Maya. "And your mom is here." She points again,