Chapter 113 ~ Three Friends

Start from the beginning

Without Alterisa even knowing, she had acquired her very own Maid Assassin in the form of her beloved, fluffy, adorable bundle of cuteness that is Maria.

These two could easily destroy an underground organization just by themselves. Moreover, Lucas and Alterisa were also extremely powerful themselves. The safety of the princess was pretty much guaranteed with the four of them by her side.

"So~? Where did you go to with onii-sama yesterday?"

"Hm, we ate some street foods and played some games from the stalls. Then, we went to watch a play in the theater. Ah, they also serve us some afternoon tea and cakes while we're watching! Although it was mediocre, eating them while watching some play was quite fun! And then, we walked around for a little bit when the sun was setting, and ate dinner together."

"Fufu~ Then... Did you kiss?"

Lily whispered, her words shocking Alterisa, causing her cheeks to immediately turn red.

"W-W-What are you saying, Hana?! W-W-Why would we kiss?!?!?! O-Of course we didn't!"

"Eeeeeh~? But aren't you two engaged~? Normally, a date between an engaged couple would at least end with a kiss, right~?"

"W-W-We're not like that! H-He just kissed my hand and hugged me before leaving. Just the normal things between friends!"

Alterisa shook her head and looked away from Lily, or Hana as they've decided to use their previous life's name as part of their disguise for this outing,

Her outing with Alexus was... pleasant. It was very nice and she had a lot of fun. If there's one thing she would complain about, it would be the fact that Alexus has been making her feel very... anxious?

Her heart was beating super quickly non-stop for the entire day. He held her hand tightly the whole day, and when she tried to let go after realizing how sweaty her hand must be, he rejected the idea since it would be "dangerous" if they got separated.

He also acted... super sweet yesterday, even more so than usual. Anything she took interest in, he would buy it for her even though she tried to deny her interest. Any activities she wanted to try, he would do it with her, no matter how much it may annoy him. Anywhere she wanted to go, he would go with her, even though he might not have any interest in himself. And he did everything with a stupidly sweet and loving smile while holding her hand.

It was as if he's trying to say that... he would do anything and go anywhere, as long as it was for her.

It was super embarrassing...

And by the end... he kissed her hand and hugged her ever so tightly. They've shared hugs and greetings in the form of a kiss on her hand countless times before, but this time... it felt different.

There was intimacy, affection, love, nervousness, embarrassment, and happiness... At least, that's what she felt from him when he hugged her.

She had never felt so hot, embarrassed, and nervous when he hugged her before. But now, she was burning. Her heart wouldn't calm down, and her mind descended into chaos.

She didn't know why she felt this way... Perhaps Hana would know if she told her. But she didn't want to. She felt like she'd be teased to no end if she did. That's why she averted her face.

Akari knows that Hana would be able to read her mind just from her expression alone.

"Hm~? Then I guess I'll just have to ask onii-sama again tonight~ I questioned him last night, and when I didn't get any juicy information, I thought nothing had happened. But after seeing your reaction... fufufu~"