Chapter 24: Temporary Alliance

Start from the beginning

Damn it Will, she mentally cursed as she realised that her friend had failed but wondered if he was okay or had been got caught.

"It would strain credulity at that," Barbossa said.

Sao Feng then motioned to his men and they ended up pulling Will up out of a tub of hot water that was right next to the changing screen Artemis was hiding. She bit her bottom lip and her hand instinctively went to her sword but she controlled herself. She could not do any risky movements yet, since the plan could still be executed if Barbossa and Elizabeth played their roles respectively.

The Pirate Lord was about to talk when another man approached her and Artemis recognised him as one of the two guards she had knocked out. Curses left her mouth in whispers as the man spoke to his boss.

"I see. There has been another intruder who knocked out my guards and is at this moment somewhere in this room. You wouldn't know anything about that, would you?"

"Of course not. We came here to negotiate" Barbossa said but Sao Feng didn't believe him.

"Make this spy of yours come forward or you will die at this spot"

With his words, all men drew weapons from the water or their waists and pointed them at the duo. At the same time, Gibbs was very close to giving them the backup they needed.

"There is no need," Artemis said as she took off the robe and exposed her usual outfit. She walked into the light and took off the straw hat as well.

Sao Feng looked at her and recognised her, causing a sadistic smirk to appear on his face. They might have never truly met in person but the woman was not unfamiliar to most men. It was not often someone of her gender left the mark she did and her red hair was the trademark that easily made people recognise her, no matter what.

"Artemis Crow... Jack's Sparrow little bitch" he said and in seconds, the redhead had not only closed the distance between them enough but also drawn her gun and was aiming at Sao Feng's head.

All the swords were quickly directed in her direction. She did not bother and her single eye showed that she was not intimidated by them. "Try it but my bullets are faster than your swords," she said calmly as Barbossa kept glaring at her.

"If I remember correctly, you came here to negotiate. Killing me won't help it" Sao Feng said, unphased by the gun pointed at him.

He kept his smirk, taking a good look at the familiar woman who had been by Jack's side for more than a year. She had the exotic beauty and fierceness rumours said she did. Those who had seen her clearly did no justice to her unique nature or her character. Of course, many just questioned how a loser like Jack managed to get such a catch by his side; a question that Sao Feng would not mind having an answer for, eventually.

"It will. Whether you are alive or dead plays a small role. Simple the latter option won't have us to make deals with a fat coward such as yourself" she explained.

Whatever filter Artemis had was long gone. She started to get tired of waiting, of seeing her friends in danger. Her emotions had been bottled up for months and she was close to unleashing all the fury she had within her.

Barbossa bit his bottom lip and rolled his eyes, now sure that they were done for. To his surprise, Sao Feng started to laugh.

"Such fire. The rumours are not doing you any good nor being in the company of such..." he glanced at Barbossa. "...lower men." He continued and motioned for his men to lower their weapons. Artemis lowered her gun but kept her single eye on him, daring him to try anything. "Very well. Shall we return to our discussion? Where were we? Oh yes, this man... "He pointed at the tied-up Will. "...is the thief. Is his face familiar to you?" All three of them shook their heads in denial but the Pirate Lord was smarter than he looked. "Then I guess he has no further need for it," he said and made a move to kill Will with a knife, but Elizabeth gasped while covering the mouth with her hands. That was all he needed. "So, you come to my city and betray my hospitality"