Chapter 3

I dedicate this to akrox58 because she has been an amazing friend and has been supporting me ever since I joined wattpad! Thank you so much akshaya, this is for you :)

Rachel Evana Louis had a beautiful mind.

She had everything a girl of her age would want. She lived in a mansion had clothes, footwear, money, cosmetics, food and everything. But all this splendour and grandeur never got into her.

She was alive and yet dead.

She was walking and yet felt like she was buried somewhere deep inside the earth.

Many a times, she had looked at herself in the mirror. She was a beautiful girl. Fairly tall, had slushy black hair, pointed lips and melting eyes. Yet, all these were soulless.

Rachel had asked herself a thousand times as to why she felt like that. But, it was complicated. It's been there ever since she were a kid. Ever since, she remembered herself.

Her only happiness was Angela Carter, her paternal cousin. Angela's parents had died when she was a year old and then it was Mr. David Louis who adopted her. A year later Rachel's mother had also died in a tragic car accident.

Ever since, Angela and Rachel had become real close. They were of the same age and had no secrets. They knew everything about each other, loved each other and cared for each other.

Angela was like a mother to Rachel. She was bold, strong and confident while Rachel was the opposite. She was sensitive, soft spoken and reserved. If someone did something wrong to Rachel, Angela would be the first to go fight for her. They shared a special bond.

Rachel's father spent all his time in the automobile business. He was the owner of the Louis cars and motors and hence one among the top 20 richest people in the world.

That Sunday morning wasn't different from any other Sunday morning. Rachel got up late, refreshed herself and came down for breakfast. Her father and Angela were already half finished.

Just then, there was a knock on the door.

It was the maid.

She greeted them and walked over to the kitchen to prepare lunch. Meanwhile, Rachel initiated a conversation with her father.

"So how long will you be here?" Asked she.
"Hmmm perhaps a week or so" he replied, gulping in some water.

Mr. David Downey Louis comes to see his daughter very, very rarely.

The maid in the kitchen washed the vegetables and searched for a knife to cut them.

It was missing.

She rummaged through the drawers and trays but didn't find it. Confused, she took out the substitute knife from one of the drawers and began chopping.

Just then, there was another knock.

Rachel opened the door to find two uniformed men.

"I'am Chief Ronald Jones and this is my secretary, Patrick. You must be Miss. Louis?"

"Yes...yes...I'am" she said and looked back to shoot a confounded look at Angela and David.

Ronny was scrutinising every move.

"Can we come in?" He asked.

"Oh yeah please" Rachel said and opened the door wider.

She was still confused. And so was David and Angela.