s1e0 | i can't believe you've done this

Start from the beginning

"I don't think I really want to know why," you groaned from the heat, but the sounds of Mei and Pigsy freaking out about something ahead turned your attention towards MK, the one leading the four of you, who seemed unaware of the approaching figure.

"You know, when Monkey King had to get through the Flaming Mountains he actually used Princess Iron Fan fan's to blow-" MK was about to ramble about how much he knew the stories, the sounds of the three of you freaking out from behind him going unnoticed until a chuckle cut all of you off.

"Well, well, well.." a woman's voice echoed from the smoke which quickly dissipated, revealing Princess Iron Fan. "Aren't you a little Monkey King fanboy?"

Princess Iron Fan released her large fan, floating high above the four of you as a large geyser of lava sprouted upwards from behind her. She held her fan out to the lava behind her which soon caught aflame, before she sent out a large ball of fire towards the four of you.

The four of you scrambled in place out of shock for a quick moment before running backwards, the burst of the fireball landing on the rocky ground causing the four of you to stumble a bit.

"Kids!" Pigsy yelled as he ran over to you, Mei and MK. "Everyone okay?!"

Princess Iron Fan let out a dark chuckle as she floated down towards the four of you. "I'll be taking that staff now,"

The four of you quickly got into a defensive stance, as MK held out the staff. "This staff belongs to the Monkey King. There's no way I'm letting you take it."

"Oh, you're just a little noodle boy playing at being a hero," Princess Iron Fan mocked, readying her fan. "Sorry to disappoint, playtime is over."

MK clenched his teeth as he suddenly dashed forward towards Princess Iron Fan, despite the yells from the three of you telling him to stop.

With a bored expression, Princess Iron Fan merely used her other hand, revealing a small red flame in her palm to suddenly transform into the gauntlet you and MK had seen Redson use before back when the two of you saw them for the first time.

"MK, WAIT- DON'T!" you yelled, but MK had already slammed the staff towards Princess Iron Fan, who used the gauntlet to stop the staff in its tracks with a single finger.

"..What?" MK gasped.

Princess Iron Fan stared up at him, smirking as she clenched the gauntlet fist around the staff with ease, before a sudden blast of fire energy practically threw MK far back, as small craters of lava formed around you three.

Your heartbeat suddenly quickened as it felt as if the world around you went quiet. You could hear the sound of your own heartbeat as the yelling of your friends next to you were muffled by your own shock.

Clenching your fists, you knew you had to use the bit of power you could manifest in this lava wasteland to save your friend. Letting out a yell, you jumped high into the air, a tiny crater being left behind from the force of the jump as you grabbed onto MK at the last second, the sounds of your friends screaming from below still being somewhat muffled.

MK stared at you in surprise as you looked down at him with an expression that could only be described as adrenaline shock. Floating next to your back were long wings manifested purely out of water, but even you knew they wouldn't last long in this heat.

You held onto MK tightly as you attempted to control the speed with the liquid wings floating on your back as the two of you were practically being flung forward, but even with your best attempts, you could hardly slow down your speeds.

MK latched his arms around you tightly, the two of you basically embracing one another as tightly as you could as a bright light suddenly engulfed your vision, and that was the last thing you could recall before everything went quiet.