Starting day

Clays pov:
I wake up and it's still dark outside. My alarm hadn't gone off yet so I checked the time. 3:02 am.

No point in going back to sleep then. I think to myself as I get out of bed, made my way to the kitchen and started breakfast.

I just moved into this apartment last week. I have no family, no friends, no pets here. It's just me. My sister lives in Alma, Nebraska with a population of just over one thousand people. I lived there with her until I was offered my dream job in Houston, Texas. I took it without a second thought and moved in days later.

It's a nice apartment, one bedroom, one bath and all the walls are white. I have a pullout couch in the living room for people who are staying over. Not that I have any, I don't know anyone. That's all about to change. I start work at 5:30 am. I checked the time, it's now 4:55 am.

I put my empty dish in the sink and made my way back to my bedroom to find the box with my clothes in it. You'd think after a week I'd have got completely unpacked, but the truth is I've been researching. I know all about my co-workers jobs at the station. I've been looking up past storms that have gone through Houston.

I put on black skinny jeans and a light green T-shirt. I grab my wind breaking jacket and my hard hat just in case I need it for hail. I grab my gloves, safety glasses, keys, and first aid kit and head to my car.

I put the first aid kit in my glove department and the rest of the stuff in my backseat then turn over the ignition to the car and connect my iPhone to the speaker. I press shuffle and the first song that comes on is "Buddy Holly" by Weezer. I start driving to work while tapping my fingers on the steering wheel and singing.

"What's with these homies dissing my girl?"
"Why do they gotta front?"
"What did we ever do to these girls that made them so violent?"

I get bored of that song and skip it. The next song on is "Beautiful Crazy" by Luke Combs. I sigh and skip that song too. I turn my playlist off at the next stop sign and sit in silence the rest of the way there.

As soon as I get there I check the time, 5:12. I still have some time so I sit in my car and scroll on Instagram looking at popular storm chasers posts. I then check the radars to see if today will be a good storm chasing day or if I would be stuck in the studio. It seems as if it could be iffy. I shrug.

"I'll just wait for orders from my boss I suppose," I say to myself and go inside. The first thing I notice is all the computer monitors that have different types of radars and satellite images on them.

"George Davidson?" I hear a voice and turn around to see someone looking at me. I shake my head slowly, wondering if I'm in the wrong place.

"I'm Clayton Huff. I am in the right place right?"

She laughs, "Oh of course! We just have two new people starting today, you and your new partner who should be here soon. My name is Niki, I'll be your boss," she extends her hand to me for me to shake it, which I do.

She leads me to a small conference room and as I sit down at the table she walks out, I'm guessing to go find this other new person. I check my emails on my phone when Drista texts me:

Lil sis <3: Have a good first day and be safe Clay! I love you. Text me when you get home, I wanna hear all about it.

Piss baby: I will. I'm here waiting for my new partner. Have a good first day at College. I love you too.

Lil sis <3: I'm getting ready for class right now. I hope they like me. At least Martha got accepted into this school so I can still have one friend here. I wish I could have just moved with you, it's so lonely here.