Vivi

Vivi POV:

What just happened?

Cardan was king, Jude was queen, Balekin was fuming and Dain had a son?

Madoc looked as if one of his strategies had crushed right in front of his eyes at that last exclamation.

Dains face was paler than ever, his mouth slightly agape.

Silence presented itself in the room and the atmosphere was thick.

Then hell broke loose.

Everyone started shouting. Some of their cries were directed at Jude and Cardan, but most of the noise came from Balekin and Dain arguing.

Taryn started crying again, but this time it looked like Locke didn't care at all. He just ignored her even when she called out to him. I went over to Taryn, took her hand in mine and squeezed. Her hold on me tightened as well.

Just as Dain and Balekin were about to throw fists at each other a voice rang loud and clear across the room;

"Stop!" Cardan's eyes were as cold as ice as he looked at his brother, disgust clear on his features.

"I reckon we speak one at a time." Jude scanned the room. I recognized that look. She was strategizing. "I really didn't want this to be a story-time, but I feel like you need some context. Any questions about the future can be answered now." She stood her ground like a leader, talked like a leader, hell, there was no doubt she was queen. I could see it now. She was made to rule.

"Why am I not king?" Dain actually looked kinda confused as the words came out of his mouth.

If anything Jude and Cardan turned even more serious, and I started to fear what would happen at the crowning, or what had happened.

"Balekin and Madoc had plotted against you and just as Eldred lifted the crown from his head to crown you. Well... Balekin killed him. Madoc killed you shortly after you refused to crown Balekin king."

Jude's words brought a ringing silence to the room.

Betrayal was splashed across Dain's face as he turned to Madoc and Balekin. Madoc looked ready to murder Jude himself, even though he had raised her.

Balekin was fuming. "Get ahold of your daughter, general."

"Jude if you know what is best for you then you won't say anything else."

Madoc eyes were hard, it instead of backing down Jude mirrored his expression almost looking colder than Madoc. "No. You don't have any power over me."

Madoc drew his sword, so did Jude. He launched towards her, but Jude easily dodged his attack. She was fast. Clearly more trained in combat than I had ever seen before, and mere seconds after the fight had begun, Madoc's sword lay on the floor.

Shock. That was what was on Madoc's face. Jude had just beaten him in a sword fight. He was supposed to be the best swordsman of this millennia. Madoc took two steps backwards, his eyes trained on Jude.

She was barely even out of breath. What had happened after Dain coronation?

Please vote if you liked this story. It helps a lot :)

- Lots of love, Mathilde❤️