Madoc

Madoc POV:

"What!?" Balekin, Dain, Locke, and Vivi's voices were in sync as they shouted.

How was this possible? I had never heard of any instances of time travel at the palace, and most important of all, why was Jude here? And with the young prince too.

I hadn't seen a glimpse of Balekin in the future which must mean that our plan failed.

"what are you doing here?" I asked, even if our plan had failed it still did not explain why my daughter was here.

Unless she really was smarter than I thought.

She had somehow got power in her hands, even though I did not know how much, then it might still be enough to get everything going. Even if we were in the future.

"She is here because she is the queen of Elfhame," Cardan's exclamation silenced all of us.

Queen? We had not had one since Mab, and even then she was a part of the Greenbriar family line, but Jude? She had needed to marry into it.

If some part of our plan had worked then it could not be Dain, and Balekin would never marry a human. Now it made sense that the other princes were not in the future. They must both be dead, that is why everyone was so surprised to see them. Cardan must have somehow become king, and Jude must have married him.

"You married Cardan," I looked at Jude "did you not?" everyone looked at me, then Jude.

Dain must have figured out what happened like I had because a moment later, he asked:

"You are the king of Elfhame?"

Cardan looked at him: "Yes."

Please vote if you liked this

- Lots of love, Mathilde❤️