Jude

Jude's POV:

I was panicking.

Two dead princes, a deceased fae, an apparently no longer pregnant sister, and a banished father coming out from nowhere!

Especially now. Everything was finally starting to feel normal. Nice. Amazing even.

I got to mine and Cardan's chambers and dropped on the divan, hiding my head in my hands.

It wasn't long till Cardan was here too. The moment he saw me, he rushed over to be informed about the cause of my distress. When I told him who I just saw, his face, if attainable, turned paler than ever before.

"It isn't possible," Cardan started mumbling to himself. "How are they alive? How is Madoc here after we banished him?"

"I don't know Cardan, but I got the guards to lead them to the throneroom," I said to him as I tried to steady my voice." We're going to be fine, and we are going to talk to them. Figure out why they are here." At this point, I did not know if I was reassuring Cardan or myself.

A guard came through the doors informing us that everyone I saw in the garden was in the throne room.

I tried to collect myself and stood up with Cardan as he took my arm.

I was holding onto him with all of my strength trying not to show the fear slowly creeping up my spine.

Cardan and I walked through the doors to the throne room and, I saw everyone I had seen in the garden, turn their heads at us and their jaws dropped.

I don't know how but somehow, at that moment, everything dawned on her. Dain had been murdered just before the crowning, Taryn was wearing the same dress as that day, and so were Vivi and Madoc. They were acting as if everything was wrong. As if. As if they were all from that day. From the past.

They were from the past. They had to be.

Dain was the first to come to his senses, and I couldn't help but think about the fact that he was still in the position to glamour me, "What is going on?" the amount of authority in his voice was impeccable.

I decided to speak my mind even if I hadn't talked to Cardan about it. "I think you have traveled forward in time."

Pleas vote if you liked this and will guarantee to make more🤗

- Lots of love, Mathilde