Volume 2 Chapter 7

"Where is it?"

Inseop murmured out loud, searching the back seat carefully again, something which he had already searched several times.

The lucky stone. Lee Wooyeon had said he had left it in the back seat; and he knew he couldn't film without that.

Since taking the lucky stone only once in the past, Lee Wooyeon had never mentioned it again. However, Inseop nodded his head saying that he would definitely find it without thinking about how sad Lee Wooyeon's voice sounded when he lost the lucky stone all those months ago.

"Ha-, where is it?"

He searched not only the back seat, but also the front seats, and even the box in the trunk of the van just in case. However, even after all his effort, the lucky stone was nowhere to be found.

Inseop couldn't help but think about a Korean saying that sometimes the spirits will take someone's most treasured items because they felt like it; but the thought of it was too scary so he decided to think of something else or he'd lose the nerve to continue his search, and he couldn't do that to Lee Wooyeon.

"What should I do?"

He couldn't even ask Lee Wooyeon because he had gone back to finish the photoshoot and the thought that this lucky stone could calm Wooyeon's nerves even a little bit was the only motivation that kept him looking for it. Inseop, who was biting his bottom lip alone in the van, hit his knee thinking of the right person to call for assistance.

He took out his cell phone and dialed the saved number. A few beeps followed by a familiar voice over the phone.

<Hello.>

"Manager Cha. Hello. It's Choi Inseop."

<Oh. Inseop... Did something happen to Lee Wooyeon?> Manager Cha's voice was low, cautious even.

"No, nothing happened. How's your leg?"

<Hahaha actually I feel like my body and mind are getting healthier because I don't see Lee Wooyeon anymore.> Manager Cha's voice, who had recently finished the surgery that went well, was very cheerful. <But you wouldn't have called to ask how I was doing. What's going on?>

"Um, it's nothing it's just...I'd like to ask you something."

Manager Cha was Lee Wooyeon's oldest manager. If anyone knew where that stone was, for sure it would be him.

"Manager, do you know where Lee Wooyeon's lucky stone is? You know, the one that he cherishes."

<... Lucky stone?>

"Yes. He asked me to find it in the van, but I can't find it."

Inseop held the phone to his ear with one hand and with the other he continued to look through the seats, just in case it fell between the gaps. There was a long heavy silence over the phone so he wondered if maybe the call had been disconnected, he confirmed that it had not after checking the screen.

"Manager?"

<Inseop. You can be honest with me. You fought with Lee Wooyeon, right?>

"What? No, I didn't," Inseop replied in surprise, wondering why on earth manager Cha had come to that conclusion.

<But...the lucky stone, so you're saying that he asked you to retrieve it when nothing bad happened?>

Inseop blinked a couple of times because he couldn't understand Cha's reaction, why was he acting like this?

"What, did I make a mistake?" Inseop asked, genuinely worried that he had done something incorrectly, seeing as manager Cha, the person that had worked the longest with Lee Wooyeon, was asking him these questions.

Love History Caused By Willful Negligenceजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें