"Yes, I remember. I'm a sorcerer, I guess you could say." He rolled the ball across the room, back to its starting point. "People call it many different things, I don't really care for a label on it-"

"Witch?" I cut in with a goofy grin. 

"Anything, other than that." He pointed at me with his eyes narrowed, a playful smile pulling up the corner of his lips. 

"So, what all do sorcerers do?" I ask as I turn back to the ball, I needed to practice while also listening to him, multitask. 

"Depends, we all have different skill limits and elements to our spell casting. For me, I draw power from the earth itself. The energy of nature is what helps me cast spells. I still have limits, like everyone else. Yeonjun found me, a long time ago, when I was still very new to all of this." 

"Found you?" Was Yeonjun like a talent scout of soul collecting? 

"Yeah, I was cast out from my family, they all practiced dark magic, killing animals, and sometimes people. I didn't want that. Luckily, I could feel my powers coming from the earth, I told my mom just as they were about to perform the ritual to bless me with my first boost of dark magic, I already had power. I showed her a little demonstration of my power... My coven was not pleased. They all had to stoop to killing things for their power yet, I was born with it? No one could understand, other than my mom had slept with someone outside their coven, which was banned. If another coven found out about them using dark magic, they could be killed. I was cast out as a kid, left to fend on my own." He gave a sad smile, one that showed what he didn't want to say. Those old wounds still hurt him. 

"She swore she never slept with anyone other than her husband, that I must just be a mistake. They didn't want me around, grown adults were jealous, some even wanted to kill me for my powers. My mother threw me out, she told me I was no son of her's. Now that I'm older, I feel like she did all of that to save me. In the end, one of them still found me years later. They were able to over power me and kill me." He cringed as if he was feeling a ghost of the pain he had gone through. "Yeonjun stopped it before they could rob my body of my soul and power. I was gifted with my life back, an exchange for doing this job." 

The ball sat frozen in the air for a moment as I took in his words, he had died? Yeonjun had saved him? 

"It was all a long time ago." He offered, seeing my frozen state as my eyes were on him. He could probably see how dazed I was by it all. 

"But... It still hurts..." I didn't phrase it as a question, I could see the pain in his eyes. 

"Yeah." He let out a breath as he looked down at his lap, picking at a loose thread on his pants. 

"What about Soobin and Beomgyu?" I wanted to pull him away from his past memories, I knew how quick it was to be pulled down a dark hole in your mind. 

"Soobin is a Ghost." 

"A ghost...? But, I can see him, and I've hugged him before?" I almost drop the ball just as it was a few feet away from Taehyun. 

"He was gifted his human body back, he just has to keep doing this job if he wants to keep it." 

I make an 'o' shape with my mouth as I drop the ball into his hands again. "Does he have any special powers?" 

"He can see and speak with the dead, of course. He is also able to sense lost souls. Sometimes when we kill a demon, they had souls trapped, he is able to find them and guide them where they need to go, if they need closer to move on, he helps them get that." 

I nod my head, it was crazy to think as Soobin as a ghost. That means he died too...

"Beomgyu, is a elemental. His main one is the water element, comes in handy because demons love to set things on fire, a lot. He can also control spirits, human ones. They are the weakest spirits, he helps with spirits that get out of hand. Some people get very angry about dying." He gave an awkward laugh at that. 

"Did he die too...?" I watched the ball roll back across the room, taking a moment before picking it back up. 

"We all died. We were offered our lives back, an exchange for us doing this job, besides Beomgyu. He was brought back by a sea nephalem. She was the one that blessed him with his powers."

"A sea nephalem? Those are real too?" My mind was reeling, how in the world were there so many different types of creatures out there that no one knew about? 

"They are the products of powerful angels or demons sleeping together. She is one of the oldest of her kind, seeing as it's a sin for angels to sleep with demons. Her kind are rare. Beomgyu had been tricked by his older brother to go out in their fathers fishing boat, to see 'who was the better of the two'. His older brother knew Beomgyu would destroy the boat, making their father angry at him. Beomgyu's brother was young and was jealous of the fact Beomgyu got to follow their father around while he was sent to work, mind you Beomgyu was just a small kid as well, hardly past 6 I think. He drifted away from the docks, letting the sail down like his father had done countless times before. He was pulled out to sea before him or his brother realized what was happening. He lived for a week on the water, he ran out of fresh water, he knew not to drink the salt water but, he was too thirsty to hold back any longer. 

He drank and grew sick... Soon enough he knew what his fate was, even as a young child he knew what would happen. He jumped into the water, not wanting to stay alive any longer. He let himself sink, he took a lungful of water and passed. The nephalem had been watching him since he was a baby, she watched over everyone in his village. She had seen him out at sea with his father, she would even send shells to the beach for him when he was splashing around with his family. She always wanted a child of her own but, she was unable to have children. She saw the chance of his death for her to bring him back, bless him with powers and raise him as her own."

"Holy cow..." I breathe out, this was all so amazing and terrifying. No wonder humans didn't know about all of this, it was so hard to wrap my head around. "How did he come to work with you guys then?"

"Dumah knew the sea nelphalem, she knew about Beomgyu from the day he was brought back. She let him stay with the nelphalem knowing she would raise him well. Then the time came that Beomgyu needed to repay the world for his life and powers. Every immortal life comes with a price. He was given the choice, destroy his old village, or come to this job."

He didn't need to say which one he chose, clearly the latter one. 

"Yeonjun..?" I knew nothing about his past.

"I'd rather keep my mouth intact." 

I knew it was a long shot to learn about the fallen angel but, it didn't hurt to ask.

~~

Well... that kinda got long... 

We learned what the others were finally and what they can do. Not Yeonjun though, thats going to be saved for later. 

Btw, I deleted this whole mf part... my heart dropped! Lucky I was able to save it.

Anyways, have a great night/day peeps.