Prologue

Here's the prologue to hold y'all over until Fall! (: If I get motivated, I might begin posting it before then, but we'll see. XD

Fifteen Years Ago

            "Daddy! Daddy, no! I don't want to go with them!" I sobbed as I clung to my father's robes. "Daddy, please, don't make me go!" I was only six; I didn't understand why I was being sent away. Two guards grabbed my arms and began pulling me away from him. "Daddy!"

            "Listen to me, my sweet, sweet girl," my father said, crouching down so that we were eye level. He ordered the guards to release me, and wrapped his arms around my small body when I threw myself against his chest, sobbing. "You must go with them. It is no longer safe here for you."

            "Why can't I stay with you, daddy?" I asked, pleading with my hazel eyes.

            "These men are going to take you somewhere you will be safe," he soothed.

            "I don't want to go," I repeated. Everything had been fine until they had found out about me. If I had hidden it better, I wouldn't have to go. I could stay with daddy, I thought, sadly. "Daddy, I promise, I won't let anyone know! I'll keep it a secret!"

            "Come, child, the carriage is waiting," one of the guards said.

            I clenched my father's robe more tightly. "Please, daddy," I whispered.

            "Look at me," my father said, tilting my face up. He gently wiped away my tears, and smiled warmly at me. "My precious gem. You are my greatest treasure, and you are in danger here. Go with them, and live a happy life. A life away from danger. I promise to visit you, but you cannot stay here."

            "King Kallius, we must go now," the guard said.

            "No!" I wailed as the guards once again grabbed my arms. "Daddy!"

            "Daddy needs you to stand tall and be brave, alright?"

            Weakly, I nodded, trying to stop the flow of tears from running down my cheeks.

            "Good girl. Now, smile, my gem," he said, softly.

            I gave him the best smile I could, not wanting to disappoint him. "Keep your head up, and never forget who you are, understand?" Again, I nodded. "You are the princess of Fiore, Levy McGarden," he paused to smile at me, "and you are going to Fairy Tail."