Chapter 24: Mall

Paris' POV

"Wait how do you guys know each other?" Serene asked i looked around the people who were dancing seeing if there was any sign if Crawford.

"Lets talk somewhere else." Chris suggested as he led us out of the crowd and loud music.

"Okay so speak." Serene said but i couldnt. I was frozen in shock. I didnt expect to see Chris let alone see him dating my bestfriend.

Chris looked at me seeing my frozen state he opened his mouth, "she dated Crawford." Those three words. It broke my heart. 'Dated' past tense.

"What the hell?" Serene yelled "you didnt tell me!" She looked at me

"I...i didnt .... I dont know." I couldnt form a sentence i couldnt think well. Crawford was here and i couldnt be near him.

"Okay what happened? You said dated." Serene said as i flinched and Chris gave me a sad look.

"Its a long story." Chris sighed

"I have to go." I said as i stood up to see chris grab my wrist.

"Do i tell her?" He asks.

"Serene i'll see you soon text me? And Chris will tell you everything." I tell her as i give her a hug and i run to the car. I lean on the door and slowly slide down and start crying. This was too much.

Seeing Chris was hard. I left with no explanation and thinking i nearly saw Crawford. We were at the same place. I couldnt take it. The strength i managed to build up this past month, gone in a second.

I woke up the day after the run with messages from Serene.

From: Bestie4Life- hey can we hang today?

From: Bestie4Life- Chris told me everything btw

From: Bestie4Life- just the two of us today :)

To: Bestie4Life- yeah of course we can :) message me what time and where make sure ill have the time to go there though im at my grandparents house x

I close my phone and head to the bathroom and get my self cleaned up. I stare at the mirror. I havent looked like this in weeks. Back to puffy eyes, dark circles, and pale skin i guess. Before i take my clothes off my phone rang telling me i have a message.

From: Bestie4Life- ill meet you at the mall here in two hours?

To: Bestie4Life- sure see ya xx

I put my phone down and start my shower.

I get out of the shower and dress up in a plain white croptop and some black high waisted skinny jeans with my nike's. I blow dried my hair and fixed my face up with some make up. The usual concealer, mascara, and eyeliner.

I tell my parents where im going and my dad offers to drive me since he was planning on visiting a friend and we head off.

The car ride consisted of me and my dad singing awfully off tune to every song on the radio and laughing our asses off.

Once we arrive at the mall i thank him and he tells me to message him when he will be picking me up and i get out of the car. I message Serene to tell her im here and i wait inside starbucks.

I order a green tea cream with additional java chips and i wait at a vacant table.

A few minutes later serene walks in and buys her drink and we just sit in silence.

"You didnt tell me." She said sadly. Yes i feel bad for not contacting any of my friends since Crawford came and i didnt say goodbye when i left.

"Im sorry i got caught up."

"Its okay. Are you okay though?"

"Yeah. It was a month ago im over it." I fake a smile as she gives me a concerned look. I know myself that im not over it.

"Soo hows the others?" I ask changing the topic

"Oh theyre good maybe we can hang out soon like old times." She smiles as i give her one back.

"Thatd be great! Just message me while im here. Howd you meet Chris?" I ask her.

"Oh gosh we met at cosmic." She smiles at the memory. "A month ago actually" she giggles. "He was panicking and spilled my drink all over me! And i just got there." Wait panicking?

"Panicking?" I ask

"Oh..." Her smile fades "i think it was the day you went out with Crawford..." She trailed off but i give her a forced smile.

"Its okay. You wanna walk around?" I ask as she nods and we both stand up and i tell her about my trips.

"When schools over... TAKE ME WITH YOU!" She yelled as i laughed

"Definitely i need to take you around. I remember the trips we planned as kids." I smiled at the memory.

"Oh yes Australia was it?" She asks laughing at the memory.

"Yeah it was!"

We continue to laugh and i buy some stuff for me to bring on my trips and some for her. When the day ends i message my dad to come pick me up and just as Serene walks me out of the mall to meet up with my dad up front i see a familiar car in the parking lot.

"Serene isnt that Crawfords car?" I ask pointing at the car

"Oh crap yeah wheres your dad?" She asks looking around

"He should be here by now. At least we didnt bump into him though." I awkwardly laugh

"Yeah but uhm i think i should tell you something..."

"Shoot."

"Hes.. Uhm... You know what its not that important. Theres you dad!" She points at my dads car and we hug and bid each other goodbyes and saying we will see each other before i leave and i leave the mall with my dad.

I looked back to see Serene walking towards Crawfords car and soon Chris and Crawford and a girl meet her and they leave.

To: Bestie4Life- you knew Crawford was there?

From: Bestie4Life- they were my ride but trust me they think i went out with megan

To: Bestie4Life- okay ill see you xx

From: Bestie4Life- stay safe x

I sigh and close my phone and decide to sleep the one hour ride.

----------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1046 WORDS ASDF OKAY IM OVERREACTING SORRY

I MADE 3 LONG-ISH UPDATES IM HAPPY.

IM GLAD I WAS ABLE TO READ ACTUAL BOOKS AND MAKE CHAPTERS THIS NO WIFI WEEK BUT I MISSED TWITTER AND OTHERS OAHXNXNJCNXN

THANK YOU GUYS FOR EVERYTHING REALLY I LOVE YOU ALL

•bea•