CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT

Start from the beginning

She threw up her hand. "May I please use the bathroom?" She asked in her sweetest voice, batting her eyelashes with a smile. The teacher nodded and pointed at the door, missing the girl sliding her phone in her back pocket as she stood up and quickly walked out of the room. 

She rushed towards the classroom down the hall, opening the door with her plastered smile as the students in the class and the teacher looked over to her. "Yes?"

"Ms. Hudson needs to talk to Kiara, may I please borrow her for just a moment?" Kiara furrowed her brows, sceptically watching her friend smile towards her teacher. She knew something was wrong.

"Of course, Renna," he smiled, fakely. 

"Thank you, sir." The girl, with furrowed brows, looked between her teacher and her friend before walking out of the room after her. 

Renna shut the door behind her, Kiara watching as her face completely dropped, her smile being replaced with a deep, deep frown. "What's going on?"

"Tell me if this is real," she muttered desperately, handing her friend the phone before turning away and pacing in front of her. Kiara gulped, eyes flicking from the screen to her friend, before they settled back on the picture. She clenched her jaw, gritting her teeth, as she sucked in a breath. She was going to kill Atticus Fletcher whenever she was met with the off chance. 

She pushed away her anger and replaced it with a sad frown, looking up at the blonde with empathetic eyes. "Renna, babe, I don't even need to say it." 

The girl stopped, turning to her friend as she blinked for a final time, before the tears finally stung her eyes. The hurt from her fathers passing, the relationship she'd dreamt about for years on end crumbling to an end after merely a week. 

"Kiara . . . K- Kiara, what is this even supposed to mean?" She cried, the girl stepping forward to pull her into a hug with a tight-lipped smile. "I mean, it- it's Atticus. What is . . . what is this?"

"I'm so sorry, baby. You don't . . . You never deserved this." She pulled away, hands resting on the girls cheeks. "I love you, we all love you, and we'll kill him, okay? It'll be-" she sighed "-it'll be fine." 

Renna pulled away, her hurt morphing into anger as her brows drew together at the bridge of her nose. "No, Kiara, it won't be fine! God, nothing is fine," Renna muttered as she stared at the girl, lip twitching with annoyance, before walking away. 

"Renna, where are you-"

"I'm talking to him, no matter what you say." Kiara groaned, but watched her walk away with a frown, because she knew that she'd never be able to stop her. 

MY LOVE

can you come outside pls
read 10:14am

of course x
read 10:15am

is something wrong
delivered

 As soon as he shut the door behind him he noticed something was off, just not what. Little did he know, he'd never want to know what. "What's up? Is something wrong?" She didn't say anything, holding back her words, as she shoved her phone into his hands. He watched her with confusion as she refused to meet his eyes, turning away as soon as the phone left her touch and moved to his. He never even gave the phone a single glance. "Hey, Ren, please turn around. What's wrong?" His voice was full of concern, but it never concerned her.