😞ᴅʏꜱʟᴇxɪᴀ😞

Start from the beginning

"Don't remind me of that dude, I had to pummel him for calling Maya a b1tch at her Christmas Eve party."

"For real?! Aw, man, I should've been there!"

😞😞😞😞

"Okay, class, I hope you all wrote those essays about the human body for me." The female teacher smiles at her students. "Because you'll have to read the first page of them. When I call your names, please step up to the front. Adonis, you can go first."

Adonis gets up from his seat and goes to the front. He looks at the first page of his essay and was confused.

Once again, the words were muddled up!

He swallows, tilting his head, blinking his eyes, trying to see the words more clearly. "Er, um, human... body... is..."

The class and teacher was puzzled by his broken reading. Some were even snickering.

"Adonis, are you alright?" The teacher asks with concern.

Adonis sighs, rubbing the bridge of his nose. "Yeah, Ms. Fleur, I think I'm just tired."

"Or maybe you're just stupid." A boy jeers.

This causes some students to snigger.

"Shut up, Eugene! That isn't funny!" Socqueline shouts at the bully.

"Eugene, don't make me give you two hours of detention." The teacher threatened.

Eugene rolls his eyes.

The teacher turns back to Adonis. "Please go back to your seat, Adonis. Leave your essay on my desk before you do."

Adonis nods and puts his essay on Ms. Fleur's desk before he hurries back to his seat, embarrassed.

'Or maybe you're just stupid.' Eugene's words rung inside his head.

He sighed and put his head down.

😞😞😞😞

Yes, Adonis Romero had concluded there was something wrong with him. Throughout the week, he had problems spelling, and he was falling behind when it came to anything such as reading or writing!

Scene: School Bathroom.

Adonis kicked open a stall in frustration. "What the he11 is WRONG with me?!"

He huffs and sits down, sliding his back against the wall.

😞😞😞😞

Scene: Romero Residence. Living Room.

Adonis is watching TV with his arm wrapped around Maya's shoulder. He is squinting his eyes, trying to read the subtitles, but the words were moving!

Maya, noticing his strange behavior, rose an eyebrow. "You need glasses or something?"

"Huh?" Adonis looks at her.

"I asked if you need new glasses, you're squinting at the TV. You okay?" Maya probs.

Adonis frowns. "I don't know. I don't know what's wrong with me. Every time I try to read or write, the words get so jumbled up and start floating off the page. I've started to slack in my classes because of this."

Maya grew worried for him at this.

A gasp was heard just then and the couple turned to see Ms. Romero standing there, horrified.

"Mom?" Adonis was confused.

"Y-You... You have... dyslexia. Just like... your father." Ms. Romero frowns.