🏠ᴍᴏᴠɪɴɢ ᴏᴜᴛ🏠

Start from the beginning

Vanita yawns. "It smells like... pie."

"Oh," Darius lays his head back down with his wife.

...

They couple immediately shoot up from bed.

"Gladys's Banoffee pie!!!"

Scene: Kalianna's Room.

Kalianna paces back and forth, chewing on her thumbnail. "How am I gonna do this?"

Meanehile, Tikki is found sleeping, but the delicious aroma of the pie from downstairs wakes her.

"Kalianna!" She flies over to her holder. "What's that smell?"

"Huh?" Kalianna smells the air and smiles. "Oh, that's just Gladys's Banoffee pie. She's made it every year for President's Day for breakfast; it's a tradition that started with her grandma and grandpa before it passed to her mom, and finally her."

"Why does she bake it on President's Day?" Tikki asked.

"It's the day her grandpa passed. He loved Banoffee pie, and Gladys said he and her grandma always baked it on President's Day since he was born on this day. It's like a tradition she does to keep his memory alive." Kalianna explains.

"That's so sweet! And the pie smells sweet too! Could you go and get a slice?" Tikki asked.

Kalianna giggles. "Sure, Tikki, right after I change out of my pajamas."

The rest Kwamis start to wake up and come out from different places in Kalianna's room.

"What's going on?" Wayzz asked from the vanity's drawer.

"Is it breakfast time yet?" Stompp inquires.

"Ooohh, I'm hungry! I'm so hungry!" Barkk exclaims.

"What is that heavenly smell?" Longg asked, popping up beside Wayzz.

"Alright, guys, I'll get you all a slice of pie for breakfast after I get dressed." Kalianna then goes into her closet.

Scene: The Kitchen.

Vanita and Darius, wearing their everyday clothes, rush into the kitchen and see Gladys fanning the Banoffee pie.

"GLADYS!" They both yell.

Gladys yelps and holds a hand to her chest. "Mr. and Mrs. De-Sinclair, you frightened me!"

"Is the pie ready? Do they have the same ingredients? Is it still hot?" Vanita questioned.

"Yes, the pie is ready, yes they still have the same ingredients, and it's still cooling. You'll have to wait for a few more minutes. Until then, there's espresso waiting for you both on the dining table." Gladys told them.

"That's fine, don't take too long." Darius says.

The wife and husband then leave the kitchen and Gladys continues fanning the pie.

A moment later though, Kalianna entered, giving a short yawn. "Good morning, Gladys."

"Good morning, Kalianna, did you have a good night sleep?" Gladys questions.

"Can I please have a slice of Banoffee pie?" Kalianna questions.

"No, Kalianna, the pie is still cooling. You and your parents will have it in a few minutes." Gladys says.

Tikki, inside Kalianna's purse, inhales the sweet smell of the pie.

"Alright," Kalianna then leaves the kitchen.

Scene: Château Foyer.

Kalianna sighs and sits down on the last step of the stairs.