17 :)

(Just foreshadowing but this is the song that Lani is humming)

As the remaining boys slowly re-grouped with Jihoon and lani ,who had now moved to the
lake, the latter felt a small droplet of water land on her cheek. She looked up at the clouds that had now turned a dark shade of grey, barely visible in the gradually deteriorating sunlight before feeling another droplet on her cheek. Within seconds of the regrouping Lani felt eyes burning into the side of her head.

To the boys Lani looked ethereal, her hair blowing in the evening breeze and her face glowing from the reflection of the moon on the lake. Slowly they all relaxed letting all of their stresses fade away before hearing a small but angelic hum come from Lani who was no looking off to the horizon. All eyes were on the girl as she closed her eyes feeling the slight rain slowly hitting the cotton cardigan she put on before leaving her house.

She slowly turned around to the boys, opening her eyes and continuing to hum before smiling in their direction and gently swaying from left to right along with the song. Jeonghan who recognised the song that Lani was humming joined her before standing up and sitting next to the latter. Lani layers her head on jeonghan's shoulder and looked at the rest of the boys with nothing but adoration in her eyes. The only thought in her mind being 'what luck made me a part of this loving family?'.

'Penny for your thoughts nini?' Lani snapped her head in mingyu's direction, who had now come to sit on Lani's other side only a few minutes ago. 'Just wondering what I did to end up with you guys as my soulmates, nothing major I'm just being cheesy' Lani answered with a big grin on her face before standing up, patting the grass and mud off of her leggings and going to pick her phone up from the other side of the blanket and turning on the flashlight the rain had now gotten harder and Lani had decided to get all valuable electrical items in the waterproof backpack that they had brought with them.

————————————————————————

As Lani took a seat next to the lake, running her hands through the grass on either side of he, she remembered a small area where she used to read her favourite books at during summer days. With the cool summer breeze blowing her hair and the smell of beautiful flowers filling her nose, the sound of birds chirping and the crickets hiding in the slightly overgrown grass. She vividly remembered what the area looked like whenever she would visit trying to escape from her mother and aunts screaming matches after her father and uncle had already left for the bar. The area had a warm place in her heart as it's was a place where she felt comfortable enough to let out her emotions. She had made the place with her grandfather when she was 10 and no one had found it due to how far into the forest it was.

Lani had never shown that place to anyone either afraid that if she let anyone near it they would start bringing everyone they knew their and ruin the relaxed feeling of it. She hadn't even shown it to her parents, the people that have been by her side when she needed them, like that time when her childhood dog had passed, Lani hadn't left her room in days but her dad insisted that she came downstairs. When she finally made her way down her dad had immediately swiped the 7 year old off of the floor before running into the back garden and spinning her around, earning a small giggle from the young.

Lani smiled at the memory, before feeling a small tear run down her cheek after remembering that her parents would not be present for her birthday this year, but turning to face the group of boys currently laughing at a previous statement seokmin had made, she was reminded that she will not be alone.

—————————————————————-

After standing up once again, brushing the mud off of her leggings, Lani made her way to the group of boys, who were currently sat on the picnic blanket, the only light available was an electric lantern that was strategically placed in the middle allowing every face to be visible. Each one of them had a relaxed smile on their face hike seemingly ignoring the rainfall that was growing harder as it collided with the coats that they were wearing. She reached her hand out to the closest person, which just so happened to be jun, and as the latter looked up at the young girl he saw a smile on her lips a that immediately made his heart melt.