2

With a new year came new classes and new people, that was the thing that Lani hated the most about school. The social aspects of it, of course she enjoyed making new friends but I would take a while for her to fully open up to them. 'floor 2 room 10,ugh but that's so far away.' Lani was early today, I mean if by early you mean 1 hour before everyone else then yea early. You see this morning the clocks went back but her family forgot so all of them left the house an hour early. She didn't even know if anyone else would be there,but her question was quickly answered by the sight of a group of boys at the gate.

As she grew closer she listened in to their conversation, 'yah hyung why didn't you put the clocks back' one said while whacking another on the back of the head. 'I forgot okay, I was busy last night' the victim answered sincerely while holding his hands up in defence. As she got closers enough to see their faces she recognised one of them as Lee Chan from her old maths class. Lani attempted to just walk past and be unnoticed by the group of boys but to her displeasure she heard her name being called.

As she turned around she noticed chan looking at her with a pleading look on his face as if to say 'Please get me out of this , I'm begging you'. Lani considered ignoring the poor boy and just walking off but since she had nothing else to do she decided to help. 'Hey, chan right you sat in front of me in year 8/grade 7' she said hoping that she sounded convincing enough. Chan beamed a bright smile while answering. 'yeah, do you wanna walk in with me?' he asked. 'Sure' Lani said while walking off only to turn around a couple of seconds later to see all of the boys give chan a kiss on the head and say goodbye. After she was sure they were all finished she shouted 'hey you comin or what?'. Chan quickly ran to lani's side giving his partners one last wave before walking into the building.

'Thank you soooo much, I don't think I could've dealt with that any longer, they always bicker about everything.'complained Chan 'No problem.' Lani answered shortly in an attempt to not ask the question that was on her mind 'who are they to him'. As if he read her mind the next thing to come out of Chan's mouth was 'they're my soulmates, a lot of people know about us but I'm guessing from the look on your face that you don't.' He asked with a raised eyebrow while the two of them walked down the empty hallways to their classroom.

She quickly shook her head interested in hearing more of the story. 'Well have you heard that story about the group of people that had found all of their soulmates but one?' He asked in an attempt to keep her invested. 'Yeah I think so why' she asked suddenly confused. 'Well that's us we just can't seem to find them, but any way I'm guessing because we're both walking in the same direction that we're in the same class again this year?' Chan asked curiously, 'yeah I'm guessing so,do you by any chance wanna sit at the back with me so I'm not alone' Lani asked in an attempt to befriend the boy. 'Sure!' Chan smiled in her direction before they reached the classroom and entered through the door.

'Ahh good morning you two, I wasn't expecting students this early in the classroom especially you two individuals' the teacher greeted them with a kind smile. 'good morning Mrs Kim.' You replied bowing to her and showing a smile.

As you sat down and got all your textbooks out you heard a mumble from beside you, curious as to what he said you were going to ask him but he got a phone call and walked out of the room before you could.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

'Hey shua hyung are you ok why did you call me?did you get hurt or something?' Chan speedily said after answering the phone call. 'No no it's nothing like that channie, me and the boys just wanted to ask if you wanted anything from the shops.' Joshua said throu the phone reassuring the younger boy. 'Ohh ok no not really but thank you for asking hyung and tell the others to have a nice day!' Chan said with a beaming smile that Joshua could tell was on his face from the other end of the phone. 'You to channie, cya!'.

Upon his arrival back into the classroom chan smiled at Lani before remembering that he had forgotten a pen and sighing at himself. 'Hey Lani could I maybe borrow a pen?' Chan asked after he had taken a seat again. 'Huh? Ohh sure.' Was the reply he got from Lani as she dug around in her beige tote bag for her pencil case. She got out a plain black pencil and put it on his desk accidentally showing off the marks on her wrist.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

It was now the end of the day, and after the marks incident,although he wouldn't call it an incident because he doesn't think she actually noticed, the day wen to smoothly, and soon enough it was the end of the day. Chan was waiting outside of his hyungs ,as they said they would pick him up, when he saw Lani crossing the lawn to walk home but he stopped her. 'Hey Lani wait up!' He shouted catching her attention. 'Oh hey Chan what's up?' She asked although she was obviously in a hurry.

Chan was debating whether he should ask the next thing that was in his head but ultimately decided on going for it.'uh could I maybe have your number so I can text you and stuff' Chan was playing with his hands when he said that almost as if he were nervous. Lani thought for a minute 'sure! I don't see why not.' She eventually answered taking chans phone so that she could put her number in.As he saw jeonghan's car pull into the car park shortly followed by jun's he quiclky took his phone back. 'I'll see ya later then Lani.bye!' Chan said as she walked off. 'Cya chan!' She shouted back.

Chan made his way to the two cars that he had just seen pull into the car park only to be greeted by the door swing into open and seungkwan running out to give him a hug. Chan stumbled but managed to balance both his and seungkwan's weight on his feet. 'Hey hyung. Are you ok?' Asked chan. 'I'm fine thank you channie how are you?' replied seungkwan as the two continued the walk to the car. 'Yeah I'm alright' Chan answered. After saying hello to everyone Chan got in the very back of jeonghan's car with jihoon.

Chan contemplated telling jihoon about lani's marks, however after about 5 minutes 'hyung' was heard by jihoon. 'Yes, chan-ah?' jihoon anticipated chans answer but he was not expecting the one that he got.'What would you do If I told you that I found our last soulmate today?'

Jihoon's face was full of shock as he processed the information that chan just gave him.

A/n- well I hope you like this chapter although it's a bit all over the place. Also sorry for any mistakes I don't have the attention span to proof read it.