But there was one thing about Ansh that made Shivaay curse himself.

Ansh also inherited his heart condition. He was diagnosed at two years of age and spent a whole year in and out of hospitals, being on various medications and medical devices, several surgeries, risky trials and pain. Days and nights of his little boy crying in pain.

So when Ansh's heart began to respond well to a medicine regime, Shivaay thanked God and all the other powers that were out there in the universe.
With proper diet, lifestyle and medications, Ansh's heart functioned almost as well as a normal heart did.

Speaking of him, Ansh turned to the other side and Shivaay's hand was finally free. He got up, freshened up and changed into his regular suit. He then went to the kitchen, brewed a cup of espresso and took out the ingredients to prepare breakfast.

"Big Papaaaa!!!"

"Rubina Singh Oberoi, FREEZE!"

Shivaay looked at the kitchen entrance to find his niece standing with her hands in the air while Bhavya jogged to her.

"Na brush kiya, na nahaya, na change kiye, bas uthte hi kitchen mein bhaag aayi." Bhavya rebuked her daughter.

"Mumma, Big Papa aur Ansh 10 days baad aaye hain. Mujhe milna tha unse." Rubina pouted.

"And that's why you need to at least brush. Big Papa breakfast bana rahe hain aur abhi yahaan rahogi phir banne ke baad brush karne jaogi toh thanda ho jaayega. Is liye abhi brush kar lo, phir poora din milti rehna." Bhavya explained and pushed Rubina towards her room.

Shivaay could only chuckle.

"Bacchi hi toh hain." He said while chopping vegetables.

"Jise iske Daddy Cool ne sar par chadha ke rakkha hain toh Mom has to play the Bad Cop." Bhavya sighed.

"You're kidding! The best cop I know has to play the bad cop?!" He playfully exclaimed, earning a smile from Bhavya.

"Aapki business trip kaisi rahi?" Bhavya asked.

"It was good. Press conferences, meetings, business dinners; the usual." Shivaay replied. "Rudra kahaan hain?"

"Unki early morning video conference thi toh woh office gaye hain attend karne. Raahil ka district tournament aaj hain toh Om bhaiya, Gauri bhabhi aur Rishi use cheer karne gaye hain, surprise visit." Bhavya informed him.

Cracking a couple eggs in the mixing bowl, Shivaay spoke, "Sabko breakfast... well, bruch ke liye bula lo."

"Humein zaroorat hi nahi padegi. Aapke khaane ki khushboo se bhagte hue aa jaayenge."

Shivaay passed her small smile. Bhavya left to check on her daughter.

In 10 minutes, TejVi, ShaNky, Bhavya, Rubina, Ansh and Shivaay were on the dining table, enjoying the food cooked by Shivaay.

"Big Papa, you make the BEST French Toast in the whole entire world." Rubina exclaimed while eating.

"Rubi, khaate hue baat nahi karte." Jhanvi reminded her granddaughter, who simply nodded.

"Chachi, breakfast ke baad badminton khelein?" Ansh asked.

"Of course Ansh." Bhavya replied and gave him a high-five.

"Mujhe bhi khelna hain!" Rubina chirped in, only to receive a glare from Bhavya.

"Homework kiya?" Bhavya asked, to which Rubina could only look down and tap her fingers.

"As expected. Ansh?"

"Kal hi saara finish kar liya." Ansh boasted.

"Oh my Mata! Mere heera grandsons kitna honhaar hain!" Pinky exclaimed.