Ch. 10 "The Fuckening"

~January 3rd~

This morning Sam got up before everyone else did. For the past few days they have been sick, but they have gotten better. The bunker was quiet in the morning, always is. Unless if the other Sam is awake, speaking of, the pipes in the bunker rumbled to life. The older Sam must be already awake.

Sam went back to their room and changed into some workout clothes. They wanted to get back to their old routine and run with the other Sam in the morning. When the pipes stopped making noises Sam slipped their shoes on and left their room.

When they opened the door they met with the older Sam, who was just in a towel wrapped around his waist.

"Hey, morning." He smiled.

"Hi," Sam stated, flustered.

"You wanna go on a run with me again?"

Sam nodded.

"You sure?"

"Yep," Said Sam, maneuvering around the other to get to the library.

They sat at the library table and sipped on water. A few minutes passed and the older Sam came back out. He Found a piece of paper and wrote on it. He cleared his throat and motioned to the door. Sam chugged the rest of their water bottle and walked out the door with the older Sam.
Just like last time they both walked along the highway and found the hiking paths.

"Hey, can we do a longer one?" Sam asked.

"You sure?"

"Yeah, I wanna challenge myself."

"Okay then."

They walked onto the smallest path, another wooden sign was on the path. It said that the path was four miles long. The older Sam looked down at the other, then he took off at a jog. The younger Sam followed him at a slower jog.
__________________________________________

Wheezing for air, Sam collapsed upon a bench that viewed the lake. The older Sam finally caught up to them a moment later. He chuckled when he saw them laying down on the bench. He lifted their head and sat down, putting their head on his lap.

"Good job," He praised, running his fingers through their thick hair.

Sam replied to him, but it just sounded like incoherent mumbling. The older Sam laughed, he decided to let them be. After a while their breathing returned to normal. He decided to let them rest for a longer time, they ran for almost all the time here. They even ran in front of him at the end.

"Hey, we got to go back. I think Dean's making breakfast, too."

Sam grumbled and stood on their feet. The older Sam decided to do the same thing they did last time. Run to the lake, and walk all the way back to the bunker. Sam took their hand and began to walk.
_____

They both entered the bunker to smell...bacon.

"Hey, how was the run?" Dean questioned, in his dead guy robe.

"Pretty good. Guess how many miles this kid ran."

"One? Two?"

"Four. And walked another four. Well, technically two because the walk there and back."

"Hm, impressive," Dean praised.

"I'm gonna go shower," Sam loudly sneezed after their statement.

"After breakfast? It's almost done, and you need to take medicine for that cold."

"Dean, I'm fine-"

Dean then put his hand on their forehead. He Noticed their nose was still kind of red. He started to walk to the kitchen, Sam quietly followed him.