I stopped struggling and felt the tears cascading down my cheeks. I didn't realise, but I had been screaming his name during the struggle, the heartbroken scream echoed in the room. My chest rose and fell rapidly as I was out of breath from just moving a few centimetres.

I turned to the two remaining people in the room. The girl (I really need to remember her name) was crying softly into the boy's (Niall freaking Horan) shoulder. He stared at me emptily and I held his stare, hoping the words 'I'm Sorry' carried across in my tearful eyes. He flashed a smile; a hesitant, aching smile which felt like a red hot poker to my brain.

Come on memory. You know that smile. Please, come back.

It didn't. The black hole remained and the memories of that smile from my past did not magically return. My mother's soothing words broke through my haze of hysteria, calming me, just like she used to when I had had a nightmare. That thought comforted me a little. It seemed that some memories from my past were intact. Just not the important ones at this time.

Niall took the crying girl's hand and led her out, sparing me one last look before silently closing the door. I noticed through the window of the door, a hunched figure on the ground outside my room. Louis.

Head in hands, shoulders sagging under the pressure of it all. My fault. All my fault.

Before I could say anything, Niall and the girl grabbed one of his hands each and literally dragged him down the hall. He looked like he had lost the will to live.

What have I done?

I really hope I didn't say that thought out loud.

----------------------------

LOUIS POV

You'd think that a life of a famous boy band member at the height of his career would be plain sailing, a laugh, easy as pie.

Ha, how wrong you are.

The girl I loved couldn't even remember me. Yes, I love her. It took me her nearly dying to realise it, but I did in the end.

Those blue eyes I came to love, empty. I had seen them happy, that is one of the best moments, I had seen them sad, I thought that would be the worst. But to see them empty, there is nothing worse than that.

All the times I visited her still body at the hospital; my sleeping angel. Her naturally pale skin seemed to have glistened in the winter sun sometimes. In the first few days, I didn't leave her side, I COULDN'T leave her side.

I spent my 20th birthday by a hospital bed next to my comatose girlfriend. I'm sure that movie will be coming to cinemas soon.

It's not how I wanted my family to meet her. I wanted them to see her smile, her gorgeous eyes, her quirky and somewhat weird personality. But no, instead they got a shell of her being and a sad, depressed son as icing on the cake.

By Boxing Day I had to man up, start thinking of the lads; Im not the only one in the band. We did some interviews, some photo shoots, all pretending to be happy and not trying to break down when the stupid interviewer looked at me pitifully.

The boys were supportive; they were all suffering too, as Summer had touched their lives also. Her name fits her perfectly, sending light into every life she meets.

Not now though. She doesn't even know who I am. What a sick and twisted world we live in.

The moment I heard that she had woken up, I couldn't believe it. We could be happy together, if she would have me. It was my entire fault what I said to her and in some weird way I am glad she can't remember that.

We burst through the room and there she was, a little sickly yes but still beautiful. My Summer. Awake.

She isn't my Summer anymore.

That thought hit me again with full force.

I had to get out of there, her blank beautiful eyes were killing me. As I sat outside on the floor and listened to her as she screamed my name, I almost ran straight back in there, but when she stopped I realised. That was just a lapse, a pity party, she didn't remember me at all.

So instead I spiralled into sadness, lost in my thoughts. I barely realised that Colette and Niall were dragging me down the hallway until Colette's choked sob reached my ears.

Then I realised how selfish I had been. I wasn't the only person who was forgotten. I gave the hand she was dragging me with a tight squeezed, in which she returned. We will get through this somehow.

But for now as I made it back to the waiting room I had called home for a few weeks, I saw the worried pacing of my friends and I finally broke down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ugh so sad. Don't kill me , I have such a promising future! This is all my headache can stand at the moment so I am going to do another short upload later today, because I wanna reward you amazing people that read this! Cant believe I have 50,000 reads!