Yesterday's Friends Become Today's Worst Enemies

Craig's bright blue eyes met my emerald green ones and we stared at each other for what seemed like forever. He wasn't dressed up in anything which made me feel even more embarrassed about what I was forced to wear. My face reddened and I looked away from him.

"Why aren't you out there with Bebe?" Craig asked in his deep monotone voice.

"Um..." I tried to think of an excuse, "Sh-she's w-with too many g-girls. GAH!" Craig nodded and then looked away in response and that calmed me down a little.

"Wh-what about yo-you?" I asked and I looked at me again and his raven hair shifted slightly.

"What do you mean?" The tall male asked.

"Clyde and- GAH!- To-Token?" I continued and in fear that I offended him I gripped the collar of my shirt. All he did was turn his gaze away from me again before he let out a long sigh.

"They changed."

My heart sunk because I too knew what that felt like. The feeling that your friends have changed and you can't get their old side back.

"Oh... I-I'm sorry...." I apologized in a quieter tone than usual.

I could feel the change in his mood and I gripped tighter at my collar. "Don't act like such a girl. It's not even your fault."

That didn't make me feel any better.

Before I could say something else the door to the boy's restroom swung open and a group of boy's walked in. I could identify the front two who were Clyde and Token. I could see the difference in them now.

Token and Clyde had gotten piercings and wore more of the badass clothing that seems to be a new thing here. The other boys looked like that as well except most of them wore their hats backwards and sunglasses on.

"Well would you look at this," Clyde snickered, "The little homosexual and big ugly smurf."

The group laughed at their insults and I could feel my pulse begin to pick up. This time it wasn't fear that caused it... instead it was the anger that Clyde would say something like that.

"Are you trying to dress up as some kind of male stripper for your other gay friends?" Token continued to poke fun at me and that caused me to jump up from where I was sitting.

"Sh-shut up!" I commanded.

Clyde laughed at me and raised his hands as if he were scared of me, "Oh no! Look at the big tough guy! I'm so scare-" He was cut off with an uppercut from Craig.

His crew gasped in shock as he flew backwards from the force of that punch. Craig shoved me out the side door to the bathroom that led outside.

"Wh-where are we-" I began to ask but before I could finish he shoved me again but this time it was towards the bushes behind the building. We both hurried behind them and waited. The blaring music made the walls vibrate as I pressed myself against it to avoid any thorns from the bushes.

I'm not one for loud places and this was torture! On top of that... I hadn't had coffee in what seemed like ages.

The door that led into the boys bathroom from the outside swung open and there was a loud smashing noise as it collided with the wall.

"I WILL MURDER YOU CRAIG!" Clyde screamed into the surroundings and I tried my hardest to keep from screaming in fear. He began to scream out cuss words and orders to his "allies".

I guess they're so stupid that they didn't even think to look in the bushes. They looked in the fields but not in the bushes...

After what felt like forever they stormed back towards the building where the dance is taking place. They were probably resigning to telling on us like little babies. Those idiots aren't as daring and tough as I thought.

"Idiots." Craig muttered as he came out of hiding and I followed. It was much harder to get out from behind the bushes than it was to get into hiding.

"Wh-why did you h-help me?" I asked nervously after the question had finished burning in my throat for a while. Usually I wouldn't let my need or want to ask someone something take over me but this time it was different. Craig is the bad boy of high school and is suspeneded almost all the time and often times is on the edge of being expelled.

He has a lack of emotion that goes back to when I first met him in all those years ago...

"Because I felt like it." He replied simply and even though he hid it in his tone he didn't want to continue talking about it. I found myself staring at him again and while my mind was telling myself to stop I couldn't.

"When was the last time you had coffee?" He asked.

"I'm n-not- GAH!- really s-sure..." I attempted to say properly but as always it came out as stutters.

"Come with me." He said as he began to walk towards the offices where he must've become very familiar with. I followed close behind wondering why were heading this way.

We reached the office which was abandoned for the night and walked to the teachers lounge. I'd never been in this area before.

My sense of smell kicked in and caught the the familiar fragrance of instant coffee and brewed coffee. My two favorite kinds because I don't really like any coffee with creamer.

The next thing I know is a hand grabbing my wrist and bringing it up so I could steadily grab something. I looked at my arm and saw Craig's hand around my skinny wrist. His hands were warm and even though they looked tough and menacing were soft and gentle.

WAIT! I can't believe I just said that about someone! Soft and gentle?!

The feel of a mug slipping into my hand along with the warm feel of coffee inside is something I cherish.

"Th-thank you..." I thanked but Craig didn't reply as he turned away quickly and got himself some as well. When did he start liking coffee? Has he changed somehow? Or could this be his kinder twin from some alternate universe?

"You're the only one left you know." Craig said suddenly and I looked at him with confusion. "The only one I know that I can trust."

"T-trust?" I questioned and I began to wonder what he meant.

"Clyde and Token aren't my allies anymore... and everyone else is a jerk that I hate. You're the only person left for me to hang around."

"I'm n-no fun though..." I admitted shyly and took a sip of coffee to calm me down.

"Psh- you think I don't know that?" He scoffed back at me. If I could be offended anymore then I would have been at this very moment. The reason why it doesn''t offend me is because I've been bullied my whole life. You become used to it after a while.

"A-are you wa-wanting to be my f-friend?" I asked and I could see his posture stiffen and he turned away from me again.

"I don't know how to call anyone a friend..." He muttered.

"I s-see..." I sighed and we became silent again as we sat and drank our coffee. Every time Craig took a sip I could see him look up at me... even if he didn't realize...

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you liked it~ ;)

I really like how this is turning out..... this was supposed to be a one shot but oh well XD

... I might start writing yuri too but I highly doubt it :|

Or some HiJack.... :/

Lol that's all for now!! Later~~ X3