Simplicity [2]

The wind brushed past Kiyotaka like the previous few days. Kiyotaka closed the arch windows while the snow layed on the sill. Setting his eyes on the tidy room, he observed it with relaxed eyes.

Kiyotaka had moved in his new apartment while Mr. Clark had made himself a foreigner with half told reasons. Looking back Kiyotaka knew that Mr. Clark, as said, had told limited details of the
event but that hardly mattered now.

The new apartment belonged to an aged lady namely Mrs. Hudson who lived downstairs. Kiyotaka also happened to have neighbours who lived right opposite to his room but had not met them yet, as according to Mrs. Hudson, they had been out for some buisness.

Kiyotaka looked at the bookshelf as it contained some rich litrature of this era. Taking a brown covered volume, the likable smell of crisp paper tickled his nose. Kiyotaka was about to sit down just before he heard the sound of footsteps ascending the stairs followed by the sound of opening and shuting the door. His neighbours had arrived.

Kiyotaka kept the novel back in its place, waiting for a few minutes, he decided pay a visit to his neighbours, out of pure curiosity.

As Kiyotaka was about to exit his room, he again heard footsteps ascending the stairs and entering the room. Thinking his neighbours might have visitors, Kiyotaka decided to wait for some more time.
He again sat down with the brown novel and started to invest his focus.

As the visitors left, Kiyotaka exited his room, knocking at his neighbours' and slowly entering. Sliding the door open Kiyotaka saw two people sitting on either side of the fireplace. The room was filled with a thin mist of the smoke emerging from the pipe of the person sitting on the right.

"Elementary, my dear Watson, was it-"

Both the individuals were cut short by Kiyotaka's arrival. Kiyotaka stared at them for a moment and latter did the same.

Both of them wore fine long coats.  Sitting on left was a person of average height with short gray hair, clean shaved and wore a light black attire. The other person was tall with sharp hawk like features. He had sunk deep in his armchair with a pipe between his lips. The glint in his dark eyes expressed his keen and careful nature.

"Good evening sir," The man with gray hair spoke softly. "May I ask how can we help you?"

"Pardon my insolence, if I have disturbed you."

"No no, have a seat." The person said guestering towards the empty lounge. "What can we do for you?"

"He isn't a client, Watson," Before Kiyotaka could answer the other man, on the right side, spoke up. "This young man here is our new neighbour. Right?"

"Yes, sir, I am Kiyotaka Ayanokōuji, I just moved here a day before yesterday."

Hearing this the man, supposedly Watson, streched his arm for a handshake.
"Nice to meet you Mr. Kiyotaka, I am Dr. H. Watson and this my friend here, is Sherlock Holmes."

Watson glanced at at Sherlock who had still an incisive eye on the young lad infront of them.

"Sherlock?"

"Oh, yes. I am Sherlock Holmes, as my friend told you. So,
Mr. Kiyotaka, if I am not wrong you were the one who resided at
Mr. Clark's place?" Asked Sherlock.

"Yes, Mr. Sherlock," Kiyotaka continued "and you might be the person of rumours, helping the yard?"

"Somewhat, I work as a consulting detective."

"Consulting detective?"

Sherlock let out an chuckle.
"Ofcourse you have never heard of it. I am the inventor and I am the only man who practices it."