6

Sam, I can take it from here. Go drive Matt home, and tell Mrs Lockwood Tyler's staying the night."

Sam nodded and grabbed his keys off of the coffee table and motioned for Matt to follow got up and walked out of the room with Sam, stopping to give me a small smile before they left. Bonnie watched them go, and turned back to me when she heard the door slam.

"Right," she said, "Because you fainted, I'm guessing that you recognise the thing in the picture. Which means you're a werewolf. Have you been experiencing any changes recently?" Bonnie picked up the book and studied it. "It says here that when you're human, you're faster, stronger and more sexually driven." She grinned at the last part. "So, have you been feeling any of those?"

I nodded and ran my hand through my hair. I had been feeling stronger and faster, not to mention the urges I had been having. "Hang on a second, shouldn't I have changed into a slobbering beast the other night? It was a full moon," I asked.

Bonnie turned her attention back to the book and read a few lines. "Says here," she said after a few seconds, "That the curse is transferred on the night of the full moon by biting another..."

"I figured that out already. Tell me something useful."

She looked above the book at me. "No, you don't get it. By bite. Saliva. Which means that such a small substance couldn't overtake your body and cause it to change in just one month. You may go wolf next month, though. You got lucky." She turned to the book again and kept reading. " 'Werewolves are monogamous and keep their one mate until the end of it's life,' " Bonnie said, quoting the book. "I wonder who your mate is going to be. Maybe you can choose, or maybe it's decided for you. It doesn't say in here."

An image of Jeremy Gilbert flooded my mind. I thought of kissing him, feeling his hands carress my body as our lips slammed together, hips grinding-

"Tyler? Hello?"

My daydream was broken by Bonnie's voice. I grudgingly came back to reality. What are you thinking? I asked myself. You're not gay.

Was I?

"I'm fine, don't worry," I told Bonnie. "Who else knows you're a witch? Sam? Is he a witch too?"

"No one except you. You need to be ready for the next full moon, and this was the only way I could think of to tell you. And Sam isn't a witch. He's a warlock, he just doesn't know it yet. We get it from my grandmother. I always thought she was making it up, until now." She carressed her fingers again, making the flame flicker in and out of existence, smaller every time. "Spells get weaker if you don't extract more energy to do them," she told me, sensing my thoughts.
She turned to me then, discarding the book. "There's a party this weekend. You should come."