"It is a hard decision. One that you should not take lightly. That is why we have someone for you already to make it easier." My ears drop down at this. I know who they will say.

"Lana. She is perfect for you. She is the Tsahik's niece and a very beautiful girl who will keep you happy."

"I don't want Lana."

They look surprised at this. I see a hint of a smile on father's face and before my very infuriated mother says anything I head to my bed and lay down, facing my back towards my family.

There is only one I want and she is the farthest from me.

...

(Y/n) POV:

Today the Cheif's children will teach us more about the water. The water is uncomfortable to be in but I will endure it. Today I will spend time with Ao'nung and get that Na'vi to speak. I don't care what I have to do.

Tehiti and I exit our pod and make our way down to the beach where a set of Na'vi stand in the water, waiting for our arrival. As I approach closer I see Ao'nung, Tsireya, Rotxo, Kiri and Lo'ak. Good. He isn't here.

"Good morning (Y/n) and Tehiti" Tsireya says while smiling so brightly. I wonder how she remains so happy in a cruel world like this. Truly remarkable.

"Today we will be riding ilu and showing the both of you the beauty in the water." Ao'nung then begins to make clicking noises and creatures begin to gather around us. I shift nervously in the water. It's too cold. Not warm enough.

"These are ilu. If you want to be here, you must ride. Tehiti you can go with my sister and (Y/n) you're coming with me." He gets on his ilu and signals for me to get on behind him. I begin to board the ilu, Tehiti doing the same while the others get on their own ones.

I'm unsure where to rest my hands so I put them on Ao'nung's shoulders. He then shakes his head, takes my hands and places them on his chest. This again?

"Is everyone ready? Good. Try to keep up." Ao'nung then motions his ilu to move forward and we take off. The ilu dives in the water and I hold my breathe as I view the beauty of the water. The creatures swim carefree and beams of light shine throughout the depths of the water. Everything is so clear yet so mysterious.

This is incredible but wait I cant breathe. I tap Ao'nung's chest and point towards the surface. He nods and navigates his ilu to the surface. As we resurface I breathe in deeply. "I can't hold my breathe for too long be mindful of that."

"Got it princess."

"Princess?—"

Before I can question this nickname the ilu dives back in the water and I hold my breath suddenly, angered at Ao'nung's sudden action. I look behind and can't seem to see the rest of them. Perhaps they couldn't keep up. I'm sure Tehiti will be alright I trust Eywa will keep him safe.

I continue to swim with Ao'nung and keep signalling to catch my breath and this goes on for a while. He eventually stops just before the reefs that indicate the end of the Metkayina clan.

"We will not be going beyond this. Atleast for today because it is clear you don't know how to hold your breath."

"I live in volcanoes, we don't need to hold our breath there."

"I can tell."

"What is that underneath us? It looks like a creature wait, there are many of them."

"Those are the protectors of this clan. We stationed them just below the reefs so they may alert the clan if danger approaches."