The Unsaid | Part 3 - Gab's P.O.V.

The second of August, Khyla broke up with me after we hangout last night. I asked her what's wrong why she wanted to brake up, and she never answered. Kasabay na yun sa pagblock niya samin ni mom. My mom told me maybe there's something wrong sakanya dahil di naman niya gawain ang ganon. I saw a bandage in her hands, like the ones people have after nila maconfine sa hospital, so nagworry talaga ako, at pumunta na sa bahay nila. I keep knocking the gate, but they were not there.

Sobrang daming tanong na naiwan sa utak ko, kaya hanggang ngayon, I still can't get over it. So when I saw Khy at the grocery store, I was happy to see her ok, and smiling with mom.

"Khy?" I said shockingly, then she smiled. Sobrang pumayat siya, I can't barely recognize her. She didn't say anything to me, niyakap niya lang si mom and she left.

I asked my mom if she said anything about her disappearance, and she told me 'Why don't you ask her?' Hindi pa kami nakakalayo sakanya since she was still putting stuff on her car, so I approached her. The time I was asking about why did she left me like that, she just panicked and checked her pulse. Sobrang bilis ng nangyari, I just remember that she collapsed, and I called mom out, tapos tumawag na kami ng emergency. I don't have any contacts from her family, good thing I still have Lauren's number, so I called her.

When her family arrived, they were all scared for her life, I was so confused why they act like she's going to die any minute now for an hour, so I break it out.

"Ok, tito, tita? Is she ok?" I asked, then her father talked to me alone.

"Oh, Gabriel, I'm sorry if asked her to break up with you, sobrang nag-alala lang ako sa mangyayari sakanya." He said, I was so confused what he's telling me right now.

"What do you mean tito?" I asked, then he explained everything. I was crying when I knew she didn't mean to break up, she just wanted to save her life for her family and for me not to worry about her. I hugged him after our conversation. He asked me to talk to Lauren about everything dahil wala nga din siyang ka-alam-alam dahil ayaw siyang masaktan ni Khy. Khy really loves her ever since Lauren was born, I know na carrying all the pain she have, and our break up, I know she can't stand Lauren being mad at her, gladly, sobrang naiintindihan na ni Lauren yung mga ganito, so I just hugged her and stayed by her side.

The doctor came and told us na if ever Khy doesn't wake up until tomorrow, she might be experiencing coma. Sometimes it's normal for a patient to be on coma especially if they experienced to lose oxygen in their body. My mom offered to stay sa hospital para may kapalit sila mag bantay kay Khy. 

After 2 days, she finally woke up. We were planning to leave sana to buy some foods, but then we heard her mom saying her name, telling she woke up. I can see that she's not ok. She's pale and her pulse is not stable. After siyang macheck ng doctor, tinawag niya yung parents niya para masabihan ng kung anong lagay na niya, I over heard their conversation, I was so shocked na hindi lang pala to ang pinagdadaanan niya. She knew she's dying, but not today. Nakitang may kumplikasyon na siya sa heart niya, and it might lessen her time.

Khy asked everyone to let me talk to her alone, so they did, may hesitation but I told them everything's going to be fine. I remember holding her cold hands, watching her breath, saying 'I know you're strong'. I can see that she's tired of fighting, but I never let her feel we pity her.

"Please, watch Lauren for me? I can't fight no more, my body is giving up on me." She said, and dun na ako nag break down. I don't want to show her my emotions, but I can't stand hearing her voice knowing that this could be the last words of the woman I love. 

I felt her hands getting tight, so I called everyone na. She's talking with her parents, while playing with her hair, when we knew the pulse is going down, nilayo muna namin sila Lauren, but I never let her hands go. I remember watching her heart rate changed to straight line. We were calling doctors at that time, but they never revived her. 

After they announced her time of death, we just sat there for almost an hour. I'm still holding her hands, so do her parents. We are all in shock, yung tipong walang luha, but you're dying inside? Ganun.

Inalalayan namin sila tita mag-ayos ng mga gamit. Mom helped them to pay sa may cashier, and I went home with the kids muna. Denver know, and Lauren is keep asking me why everyone is crying, but I can't answer her for now, so Denver just comforted his sister while she looks for Khy. 

After days, we had funeral for Khy. I tried my best not to hold the pain I've been feeling, dahil sobrang bigat, ang bigat-bigat ng pakiramdam. Mas ok pa ata yung break up dahil alam kong buhay siya, pero yung gantong sitwasyon? Sobrang hirap tanggapin. Tsaka I needed to be strong for Lauren and Denver, I will be the best kuya they will have.

________

Now that Denver is now a College Graduate, he did finished what his ate wanted him to be. Lauren is now turning 17, she now knows where her ate is, and thankful for what she did for the whole life, na kahit may mga bagay siyang di na niya maalala with her ate, I'm always there to make her remember. Ako? I'm still trying to move on. I met a girl that is unique as Khy. Khy's  family accepted her, and her family really likes her too. We are still recovering for what happened, pero pipiliin naming maging strong dahil yun ang alam naming gustong gawin namin ni Khy.