❛𝐌𝐄𝐄𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐉𝐈-𝐀𝐇❜

⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖°⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖°⋆

3rd Person POV

It has been a week since Taluipa gave her the book to know herself. Hye Jin didn't realize she fell asleep while reading last night—when she woke up because of a nightmare, she noticed that the book wasn't on the table.

"Oh? Did Granny snap it back? Oh well, I'll have to use the knowledge of whatever I got to know." She sighed and got up to get ready.

She took a warm shower and decided to wear black wide-leg jeans along with a cream knit shirt.

As she was about to exit her apartment, her phone rang. She halted her steps and took out her phone from her pocket and looked at the caller id. It read—'Ji Ah', she kind of panicked to see the id, it was one of her favourite actresses. She composed herself reminding her that she isn't the actress but rather a character she played and reminded herself that she was her best friend.

"Hello?" She noticed her voice cracked which made her curse at herself in her mind.

"Hey, Hye Jin are you almost done?" Ji Ah's voice sounded from the other end.

"Done?—with what?" She questioned.

"We decided to meet up for breakfast, did you forget?" She asked Hye Jin, and she noted the sadness in her voice.

"Oh I'm sorry—it slipped from my mind. I'll be there soon—ah where though.." Hye Jin asked, soon embarrassed as she realized she doesn't know where they will be meeting up.

"Ya Jinnie are you okay? You have been forgetting a lot nowadays. Are you stressed with work?" Ji Ah asked concerned for her friend. "Hey if you are, it's okay we can meet some other time—"

"No–No! It's fine, I'll be there soon don't worry. Now send me the address, and then we can talk all we want." You answered hastily—one, you wanted to meet her and two, she was of course her best friend she can't just bail out.

Ji Ah quickly sent her the address and Hye Jin quickly drove her car. Last night when she was touring the building she found a car parked in a slot which had her name on the sticker that was stuck on a pillar.

In about fifteen minutes Hye Jin arrived at the restaurant, and she realized that it was The Snail Bride. She quickly entered and found Ji Ah sitting at a table with food in front of her. She walked towards the table and sat down.

"Oh great timing, the food arrived just a moment ago. I know how hungry you always are. Let's start eating first." Ji Ah spoke as soon as her eyes landed on the girl.

She picked up her chopsticks and began to eat, while Hye Jin just sat there wide-eyed after meeting her idol.

"Jinnie, what's wrong?" Hye Jin was pulled away from her thoughts, shaking her head she picked up her chopsticks and began to eat.

They both sat in a comfortable silence and ate, halfway through Ji Ah spoke up. "Do you have work today?"

"Ah, I—do?" Hye Jin questioned rather than answered as she herself didn't know.

"Oh okay then, actually my friend is going to get married today and thought that you could come with me."

As Ji Ah explained, Hye Jin realized that this was the start of the show—episode one. Her heartbeat sped up thinking about how she could keep her cool in front of all the actors—no characters who she idolizes. She didn't realize Ji Ah was looking at her with a frown.

Ji Ah's POV

What's wrong with her? Why is she turning red?—Is she sick? Oh god, I told her to take care of herself, but no! She drowns herself in her work with no breaks. I sometimes feel like I'm her unofficial mother.

I shook my head and tapped her hand which was on resting the table. Hye Jin jumped in her seat and blinked her eyes and then it widened looking at me. I smiled amused at her reactions.

"Hye Jin are you really okay? Is it work trouble again?" I asked her concerned.

"I am all good Ji Ah—ah you know how detective work is—well you don't know of course haha—you aren't one—but–" she rambled on.

"Jinnie you're rambling again." I said and she quickly shut her mouth and smiled nervously.

"Listen I only asked because you looked conflicted for some reason. You don't need to tell me if it's related to any case you are handling but please—take care of yourself. I worry about you." I said what I had wanted to tell her.

Hye-Jin's POV

When Ji Ah told me how worried she was about me, my heart was flattered. No one told me how worried they were for me—except my older sister. Shit Hyun Joo, how is she? Did she notice that I'm not there? Wait—I still exist there right? Why am I feeling uneasy? God! Hyun Joo you better remember me—you are the only one in my life, after Mom and Dad died. Please remember me—I'll come back soon...hopefully.

"You are doing it again Jinnie." I heard Ji Ah say with worry visible in her voice and her expression.

"Sorry, Ji Ah I didn't mean to worry you. It's just—I have a difficult case on hand and I'm not getting any leads."

Which is not a lie, I have no leads as to how I am here and it's frustrating.

"I understand but if it gets unbearable, talk to me. I might not be able to help but at least you would feel a little light." Ji Ah smiled at me as she held my hand.

I could feel tears welling up in my eyes. She was reminding me of my sister—who might be going crazy for not being able to find me.

I placed my other hand on hers and smiled. "I will take you up for it. Thank you for being with me."

"Hey, what are friends for? Also, you are like a little sister I never had so if anything is worrying you, come to your older sister." She told grinning at me which made me chuckle.

"And you can come to me with anything because I'm your younger sister—and I can beat people up." I said in mock seriousness, making us both laugh at the end.

It made me happy that I have someone else who cares and loves me.

I'll protect you Ji Ah, no matter what. It's a promise from your sister.

"Okay I'll be leaving now, I have to revise my script and then go to a wedding." Ji Ah said as she got up to pick up her coat and purse. "And don't worry I paid this time."

We both walked towards the exit but not before thanking Bok Hye Ja, the owner.

"Hm okay—tell me how it went. Take care, bye." I waved at her as she walked towards her company.

I watched her till she wasn't visible anymore and walked towards my parked car. I unlocked the car and sat in the driver's seat. I started the car and drove away.

⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖°⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖°⋆

POSTED: February 02, 2023
EDITED: July 29, 2023
WORDS: 1247