Kiri x Rotxo: Teacher

Start from the beginning

"Just good?" Her face was red.

"Spectacular, Kiri!" Rotxo smiled - only now catching on to the fact Kiri was joking. "Come, be serious - I do actually need to teach you."

"You poor thing. That's going to be much harder than it sounds." Kiri warned, lightly pushing Rotxo's shoulder.

"Surely not," He grabbed more leaves, placing them in between them. "It won't take long."

It actually took much longer then Rotxo expected. Kiri was horrible at weaving.

"No, Kiri, you're not listening-"

'I am listening!" She shouted.

"No, kiri, you must-"

"I'm doing everything you say to do!"

Rotxo groaned. "Here, just let me- here." Rotxo stood up and knelt behind Kiri. He placed his hands on hers, his fingers on hers, and showed her how to do it.

"Here, you see? It's a smooth motion," He said, his breath grazing her collarbone. Kiri shivered. 

"Okay. Yeah, I see."

Roxto removed his hands from hers, and put them on Kiri's shoulders instead.

"Try again."

Kiri tried again with her hands quivering, but the weave turned out much neater than all of her other attempts.

"You did it! That's very good! I'm proud."

Kiri sighed shakily, a bright smile finally lighting her face. Rotxo moved from behind and her and sat where he did before. He smiled at her smile, giving her a high five. Afterwards, both of their hands tingled.

...

Kiri swept her hair out of her face, watching Rotxo call the Ilu. She watched his adam's apple bob in his throat as he clicked.

"These are Ilu," He smiled. "They are very important to us. Riding them is very important. They help us hunt, travel and they are our friends. You choose the Ilu, and you will feel when the Ilu chooses you. It can be difficult to find an Ilu, so don't worry if-"

"I have an Ilu."

"Huh?"

"I have an Ilu. We already bonded, in the reef." Kiri shrugged, lazily gesturing towards the ocean. Rotxo stared at her, dumbfounded.

"...Really?"

"Yeah. We just looked at each other and bonded." Rotxo's mouth dropped. When he finally woke up from his daze, he smiled, his eyes proud but still unsure. 

"Let me see," He said, head turning slightly but eyes still on her. Kiri's heart fluttered and she took a shaky breath. She called for her Ilu, Eylan, and she came quickly. She joined their queues, her hand running down Eylan's side.

"See," Kiri spread her arms. "Bonded."

Rotxo nodded, impressed. He smile stretched wider, if that was even possible.

"That's very impressive, Kiri." He outstretched his hand to her. "Wouldn't expect nothing less from you."

"Oh, stop," She scoffed, ignoring the fact that she took his outstretched hand, ignoring the fact that she felt whole when connected with him. He lead her back to shore and Eylan swam away.

"If you already have an Ilu, then today is done! You can go, if you want." Rotxo's tone dropped.

"Nah," Kiri smiled. "I'll spend it with you." She said, and Rotxo beamed.

 They laughed and talked for hours and hours. Roxto's cheeks were flushed the entire time, he was infatuated with Kiri. Kiri flustered him, made him feel light - like he could fly. Kiri made him laugh in a way he never had before he met her. Her dry humour wasn't common in the reef, and he loved it. He cared for her stronger than he cared for anyone else.

Kiri couldn't stop smiling at Rotxo. When she was with him she forgot all her problems, she just wanted to laugh. She just wanted to see his face - she found it beautiful when he smiled. When she saw it, her chest warmed, her heart melted.

"It's getting late, you know." It pained Rotxo to say it, but he knew he would have to go home soon.

"I know! Isn't it gorgeous?" Kiri responded, turning to stare at the sun as it sunk over the water.

Rotxo exhaled a laugh.

"Yes, but we have to go back soon."

Kiri sighed, turning back to Rotxo.

"I don't want to."

"I know. Doesn't your dad say you have to be back by sunset, though?"

"Yeah," She winced. "Kind of."

"Won't you get in trouble?"

"No. Only Lo'ak would get in trouble." She smiled. 

"Oh come on," Rotxo rolled his eyes. He took Kiri's hand in his and began leading her back to the marui pods. "I don't want to get in trouble."

They walked back in silence, tired from the long, fun day they had together. Roxto went to Kiri's marui pod first, stopping just outside the entrance so the rest of the Sully family, who were having dinner, couldn't see them.

"Thank you for today," Kiri whispered, taking Rotxo's other hand. They held each other gently.

"Anytime," He responded. His eyes were latched on to her face, her cheeks reflecting the light coming out of the marui pod. "We should do it again?" He asked.

"Yes." She smiled. "Definitely." Her cheeks blushed, and she stepped closer to Rotxo. "I really liked today," she said softly, leaning in to connect her lips to Roxto's.

He stood there, shocked, before he closed his eyes and leant in. His whole body tingled with affection for Kiri. Her lips were soft on his.

They pulled away, ever so slightly, resting their foreheads together.

"I really liked today, too." Rotxo smirked, and Kiri smiled.

"Kiri and Roxto are kissing!" Tuk screamed. "Are you guys dating now?"

Kiri looked at Tuk, before turning back to Rotxo, who nodded.

Kiri smiled at Tuk, giggling.

...

What's better than tuk ruining the moment??? Not much I say

You better have enjoyed it, mmkay????, I know quite a few people wanted Kiri x Rotxo content so here it is mmkay??

I kinda suck at writing these two but... Let me know if you liked it? Or want more?

1449 Words

Published 25/02/2023