Amatorium

Amatorium

Words: 9726

Summary: Amatorium: More commonly refered to as a "love potion". Love potions bear different smells, usually associated with the beloved. It can presumably cause the consumer to fall in love with a specific person and make them actively persue them. The effects wear off between 24 and 168 hours and it depends on the consumer.

Side Note: Love potions do not fabricate real, actual love. No magic can enact any emotion from scratch. The consumption of a love potion simply causes the amplificaiton of already existing feelings. When no such feelings exist towards a particular person, the consumer becomes hyperactive for a duration of time, usually much shorter than the main effects of the potion. No magic can create real love.

Trigger Warnings: Blood, Injuries

~•~•~•~•~

Bottles cranked against each other as the witch rummaged through them, searching for a very specific item that she required. Shelby opened all the cupboards and barrels she had placed around her house and yet she still couldn't find what she needed.

"Goodness gracious," she mumbled, scratching her head under her enormous green hat. "Tortoise, I don't suppose you've seen lizard tails anywhere, have you?'

Tortoise jumped on top of her desk and croaked in response. "Yeah, I guessed so. Maybe I've misplaced them somewhere on the tent. I'll be right back!" She exclaimed and then ran outside.

It was a beautiful, warm morning in the Evermoore. The sun shone brightly, its rays escaping through the thick canopies of the mangroves, cascading gently on the moist soil. The rain from the previous night had left its mark on the swamp, droplets falling from the edge of the mangrove leaves and forming small puddles on the ground. And mud. So much mud everywhere the eye could land. It wasn't so bad where Witch Shelby resided, for she had taken the effort to clear it up, but by the Eleven Feet God of Stratos the mud was endless! Even the goblin's greedy endeavors to get mud to use as building material weren't enough to strip the swamp clean of it. Shelby hated the mud. It got everywhere, from her boots and her clothes to her hat and her nails. If she could invent a spell to get rid of it all... Although admittedly, selling the mud to fWhip had proven a very profitable business, so perhaps she didn't want all of it gone like that. And then there was the fog lingering behind the trees in the distance which seemed even stronger after a good rain. It made Shelby uneasy.

She walked to the temporary tent she had set up as her shop. She thought it unlikely that she could get her old shop back by any measure. Until she figured it out, Shelby thought that this little tent was a good solution, at least for now. Despite her best attempts to keep it organized, she wouldn't be surprised if she had forgotten brewing materials at her shop instead of her storage room. Shelby opened the barrels one by one, looking for a special jar of lizard tails until she finally found what she was looking for the entire morning and almost fell inside the barrel in her attempt to retrieve it, which would have been a rather amusing result considering how tall she was.

"There you are!" Shelby grinned, holding the jar in her hands, examining its contents under the jar. These were freshly picked lizard tails and she would hate to go out to fetch more. "Now I can finally finish this potion."

Shelby was just about to return to her cauldron when a shadow caught her eye. Before she knew it, a man was walking through her little dock that oversaw the river. He wore a distinctive bandana over his head and a characteristic striped t-shirt. His pants were torn along the edges and a gun hung from his belt. He waved at her excitedly.

"Who-ho! Miss Witch!" It was Joey, the Pirate.

"Pirate Joe!" Shelby grinned. "Welcome back to the Evermoore! How can I help you?"