"Maya-"

"Please don't tell Miggy, I don't want him to think I'm betraying him." Johnny paused.

"Robby won't talk to me, if you give me updates on him then I won't tell Miguel." Maya nodded, climbing into her car and driving to school.

~

"Hey! You ready to rock...our earth science presentation?" Demetri ask as he sat something covered in a sheet on the table. Maya sat next to Moon, her feet on the table.

"I'm ready to go back to a world where we don't have to talk on a regular basis." Yasmine sneered.

"Hey, hey! My popularity's on the rise, while yours is steadily declining. But, uh, maybe we can meet in the middle, like a sexual Venn diagram." Demetri winked, Maya and Moon giggling.

"Ew," Yasmine uttered.

"So what's under the sheet, Demi?" Demetri was glad Maya was finally talking to him again and calling him Demi.

"I'm glad you asked. Behold...what scientists believe to be the Valley when dinosaurs roamed the Earth. Go ahead, press the hadrosaur egg." Maya furrowed her eyebrows, pressing the egg. Noises emitted quickly, and then smoke flowed from the volcano.

"Not bad," Yasmine muttered.

"Shit, this is cool, Demi." Maya smiled, and Demi smiled back.

"My parents may not have to pay for my A this time," Yasmine said, astonished.

"Your parents will never have to pay for an A again." Maya giggled at Demetri who was still infatuated with Yasmine.

"Can you tell us more, Demi?" He nodded quickly, rambling more facts. Maya didn't understand what he was saying, but she was glad to see him happy talking about something he was interested in.

Hawk watched from afar, he hadn't realized that Maya was there with Demetri. She was laughing, why she was laughing, he didn't know. She looked so beautiful when she laughed, why should Demetri get to enjoy her laughter and not him? Demetri was the one who wrecked them, it wasn't Hawk's fault.

"...whatsoever. This thing is a masterpiece. I mean, everything's to scale. And at 8,251 individual pieces, this meticulously assembled model represents the exact moment before the asteroid hit-" Maya flinched and gasped as a soccer ball crashed into the middle of Demi's project, pieces scattered the ground, his project was ruined.

"Oh. Pfft... I'm sorry, man. Looks like my ball just got away from me." Maya looked at Moon. Moon knew all about the roses in Maya's locker, but Moon thought she should hear Hawk out but Maya didn't want to.

"That took me three weeks to build," Demetri muttered, which made Maya feel worse. If she'd heard Hawk out, would he still have destroyed Demi's project?

"Eh, took my ball three seconds to destroy," Hawk smirked and walked away.

"Do you have another one?" Yasmine asked, Demi, stomped towards him just as Sam sat her tray down next to Maya. When Sam walked up as well, Maya followed.

"You better back off, or you won't be so lucky." Sam folded her arms.

"Like you'd start anything, LaRusso,"

"I have an idea, I dare you to go kiss Moon, maybe you can go break her heart too." Maya glared at him, causing him to fall silent.

"Why don't you go sleep with someone new and break their heart too?" Sam shoved Hawk, causing him to fall on his friends.

"What's going on here, Miss LaRusso? You know our guidelines against physical contact. Did she enter your personal bubble without your verbal consent?" Counselor Blatt asked Hawk, Maya saw him turn into some innocent little character he had put on to trick her.