Thirty Four: Back Home

Start from the beginning

"Dad—!" Harry exclaimed. "Why do we have to surrender it? It wasn't as if we'll make trouble."

"Minor wizards aren't allowed to use magic outside school," Severus reminded them. "Were you asleep in the Hogwarts Headmaster's speech?"

At the same time, Petunia overheard them after she had just entered the house after she had just finished buying grapes in the nearest grocery store. Even so, they were surprised to see a gleaming blue jewel shining on her ring finger making her blush.

"What are you both looking at?" Petunia asked them. "It's not like I can't have a ring, right?"

"Where did mom get one?" Dudley wondered. "That's a huge gem."

Petunia left them alone after that and proceeded to go to their backyard garden to look after the flowers and water them. Her blue eyes gleamed softly and happily making Severus grin in so much happiness. Both of them started out as enemies but as they grew closer, both of them helped break barriers and learned to love each other. She once doubted his love for him and Severus also had to look within himself if he just saw her as Lily's replacement but after a while, he knew he's not looking at Lily but Petunia, herself.

...

Severus Snape didn't seem to have noticed her pass by as he just continued on ordering the kids to give him their wands. "Surrender your wands to me, now! Don't make me catch you using it! You'll be in a ministry hearing if you make magic! Do you want that?"

Both kids waved no at the same time, and ran back to their rooms to find their wands. Harry surrendered her phoenix wand in a black box while Dudley surrendered his dragon core wand in a tender, yellow box. After that, Severus told them, "Petunia and I are going to get married, soon. The gem you saw was a ring I gave her. We're all going to become one family, and so, I hope that the two of you will grow closer together."

Both kids were in utter shock by the revelation but at the same time, happy for their guardians' union. Even so, Dudley was still very much confused if he should be happy. Entering second year as Severus Snape's adopted son will be huge news, soon, most especially, in the whole wizarding community of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. He wanted to be happy for his mom but doubts had carried him.

At that moment, Dudley was utterly surprised that he just hugged Harry. "Do you really love my mom? I know my mom was Harry's mom's sister."

"Yes, Dudley," Snape sat on a stool in the living room after that. "I do love your mom and I will make sure that I take care of you."

"I know what you were," Dudley told him. "Would you keep your secret to Harry and my mom?"

Snape was speechless, most of all, wondered how the young wizard knew of his long lost past which he tried to hide. "How did you know about my past? I've never told anyone about it. Not even Harry knew it."

Dudley looked away. "For now, I can't tell you. Even so, before the marriage, I hope you tell mom about what you did during the first wizarding war. Professor Albus Dumbledore may have forgiven you and also, became Harry's guardian even if they know who you really are but what about mom? I heard they weren't that close and mom hated magic like my dad."

"No matter what happens, I will never betray you and the Order of the Phoenix," Snape assured him. "I don't know how you knew about my secret but I promise that I will confess my sins to your mother in the future."

"Like Harry, should I begin calling you, 'dad'?" Dudley asked him. "That will be fine, right?"

Snape nodded. "Yes, my son. Call me 'dad' if you so want it, but like Harry, you can't call me that in school, do you understand?"

"Yes, Dad!" Dudley exclaimed. "I have a new father, now!"

Snape looked at the two boys before him and as the three of them look further into the future, he took them around his arms. "Remember to see each other not just as brothers, but blood partners. Stick together and love each other, do you understand?"

"We will do that, dad" Dudley and Harry said at the same time. "We'll protect each other.

...

A/n:  I am almost done on the first Harry Potter Fanfiction book!!! Thank you to everyone who read my book!!! Next chapter will be the last HP chapter!