Chapter 3

My mind was racing. Raven and Lizzy. I KNEW I shouldn't have trusted them! They told him. He knew. What was gonna-

My thoughts were cut off by my arrival to his room. I knocked on the door lightly and opened it, "You wanted to see me?"

I fought to keep my voice steady as our eyes locked.

"Ah, yes! Belle! Everyone talk quietly amongst yourselves. Come!" he said, redirecting his sentence back to me.

I followed him to his desk, shaking like a leaf.

"So, Belle..."

Here it comes.

"Here is your orientation packet, since you're new here. It has your schedule, rulebook, ect. If you have any questions you can just come to me, ok?"

"Well then, I'll be sure to have some questions," I said, smiling, as I accepted the packet.

'Wait,' I thought, 'I just flirted. With my teacher. I just flirted.'

I turned pink and looked at the packet.

"I'll be sure to answer them."

I whipped my head up and he was smiling at me. I felt my stomach flutter, and smiled back.

"I guess I better get back to history..."

"Right..." he said, then addressed his rowdy class, "Social hour is over people!"

His voice trailed off in my mind because the only thing I could think about is, "I'll be sure to answer them."

//

Trust me, I made sure to have questions. In between every other period, actually.

"Is 2:50 the time we get out or our actual dismissal time?"
"How long is a double?"
"Is the lunch period the full hour or just half?"

Then, one day, "Belle, are you just coming here to get out of class?"

"N-no. I didn't mean for you to get that impression."

He studied my face, then said, "Meet me in the classroom at three, after school. I'll answer all of your questions."

"Ok, sorry to use up your time," I said sheepishly.

"Don't be, that's my job," he smiled reassuringly.

"Well I will see you at three."

"2:50," he attempted to correct me.

"Nope, three. You taught me that, remember?"

His cheeks turned beet red, "Right."

"See you then Mr. Pratt."