First Encounter (Part 1)

(Want to get a full view of my art volume covers check the out on my Twitter @/everlastingspr8, or my Instagram linked in my bio. Please share and follow for more content!) 

       After defeating the notorious villain Cell, the Z fighters head back to Kami's tower to reunite with their friends and family. Shenron was summoned, and one of the wishes was used to remove the explosive devices inside Android 17 and 18. Our story begins right after they part ways.

*Android 17 & 18 are flying away*

"That little bald guy sure is amusing, he ain't getting a 'thanks' from me though," 17 scoffed. "It was very thoughtful of him, even after all we've done they still showed us mercy." "Oh please, he just did that because he has a fat crush on you." "Shut up." He took a stop from flying, "The bigger question is, where are we even going, we have no place to go." 18 took a moment to herself to think, "We have to lay low and find somewhere to camp until everything dies down. We're wanted criminals and I don't want to add more to my body count." "We could use one of the RRA's abandoned bases, knowing Dr. Gero, that wasn't his only laboratory." "If I remember correctly there's one not too far from the one they destroyed, it's just on the other side of the mountain. Once we get there we can figure out what to do from there." "Alright, that's a start, while we get there, catch me up to date on what happened in battle." 18 groaned in disgust, "Ugh, please don't remind me..."

They arrive at the secret location, a large boulder hides a door on the ground, and only those with great strength can remove it. The door reveals a ladder that leads down to the secret base. Every base is designed to have a workroom, an infirmary, and a bedroom. All the equipment and machines were still completely intact and functional; with the flick of a switch, it all ran smoothly with power from generators. The workroom connected to a lab; every single bit of information was stored in a single computer only Dr. Gero could access. The infirmary had medical equipment but nothing that could be of use for their components. Lastly, the bedroom was neatly intact but the fridge was nearly raided. "Find anything left?" "All the food is gone, good thing we don't need any to survive but I found some water that'll only last us at most a couple of days." "Our best plan is to find information on his computer." They make their way to the laboratory, where the computer and a large medical pod are found.

"What exactly should we be looking for?" "Perhaps information about us? Something that gives us a connection to something or somewhere. It would be great to learn about our past, that can help us start finding somewhere to go. We can do anything we want now." "Well it would be nice to explore more parts of this world," 18 shyly suggested. "That's the spirit." 18 rebooted the computer but was blocked because it required a password to progress. "What kind of password would that sleazy bastard have?" "Here I'll give it a try," 17 said and began to punch in different number codes. It only took him a few tries to finally get inside the computer, "Good news is we got inside. The password is the coordinates to this location." "And the bad news?" "These files date back to when the RRA was founded. Who knows how many we have to get through to find what we want." "How about we split the work? You take the first half and I'll take the other." "Yeah that's fine, it's not like we got anything better to do." "While I wait we can take turns using the pod, if I remember the controls it can restore us to our maximum health."

It took him the whole day to get through half of the files, by then 18 was already fully healed. He called over 18 to share what he found, "The information I found is vague, there's nothing new than what we already know. They made sure to cover up our existence from records. What a shame." "You go get some rest, I'll keep looking." 17 sulked, "Maybe we're just nobodies 18, we don't exist, there's nothing on there." She reassured him, "It still wouldn't hurt to keep looking, there could be other valuable information in here," she said as he continued to sulk, "Besides even if we don't find anything we still have each other." He flashed a quick smile but got embarrassed," Right. Fine. I'll go rest up." She kept looking in hopes she could find anything but had no luck. The reports end on the day the RRA army fell, but Dr. Gero never reported his work in full detail. He hated the RRA so it would make sense he never shared anything with them. This means he stored his personal data in different files on a device only he has. "Found what we're looking for!" 17 said, tossing a USB type of device to 18. "Careful you idiot! And what are you doing outside the pod?!" He shrugged. She inserted the device which opened up a new folder of files, "Everything is on here, we found it!" Two particular files caught her eye one named 'Lapis' and the other 'Lazuli.' She hesitated to open the file. "What's wrong?" "I don't know, I'm having this weird feeling." He pushed her out of the chair, "Well we've come this far, hmm, right there. This file there is pretty recent." "This must be the last file he uploaded, right before we killed him." "Guess he knew if he died his work would still be preserved." All of a sudden the camera's light began to flicker. What the hell? "Let's collect what we need and get out of here," 18 scrambled. " "Are they tracking us?" "I'm not sure but we can't take those chances. Shit!" "What happened?" "The computer froze." "Wait not this file, it's blinking like it wants us to see it." 18 reads the following document out loud: