v. arrival of the competitors

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

CHAPTER FIVEArrival of the Competitors

CHAPTER FIVE
Arrival of the Competitors

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

MARCH 1, 1976
I don't know what's happening to me. I have dreams. I'm drawing on everything. I see so, so much. I've seen so much death. Sometimes I see things that have already happened. I know Voldemort's every move. 

It's all become so much.

After about a week of this torment, I decided to go see Dumbledore. When I told him what had been happening he both looked immensely concerned and like he had struck gold. 

So I became a member of the Order of the Phoenix. Or something. Merlin, I'm only about to be sixteen and I'm a part of a secret society dedicated to defeating a dark wizard. My kids will think I'm the coolest person on the planet.

My job is to write down everything I have a vision of, no matter the content, report it to Dumbledore and keep an ear out for any whispers of students planning to join him or who know of current Death Eaters. I'm a spy!

As rad as it is, it's a lot. O.W.L.s, visions, spy work, friends, homework, classes, Quidditch, and I have to find time to eat and sleep. Dorcas suspects something is up but I was sworn to secrecy.

How much longer can I keep this up?

ROWAN STARED, MYSTIFIED, at the scene painted on the canvas before her.