She stopped typing and frowned at me again. It made me miss her sweet smile.

"I'll be okay someday." She smiled at me. Our eyes locked and I felt that familiar pull to her. I couldn't help it. I started leaning in to her..........

The doorbell rang

We jumped apart.

"I'll just go and get that." She said in a panicked sounding voice then she ran out of the room.

Why the fuck had I almost kissed that woman TWICE this morning.

I have a boyfriend that I love. I have a boyfriend who is sweet and hot and caring.

Emelia walked back into the room.

"This person says she knows you." She said smiling.

"Stacey!" I yelled and threw myself out of my chair.

"Well hello gorgeous!" She yelled back and we hugged each other.

Stacey and I have been friends since primary school. We were in the same classes until my dad sent me to boarding school. We didn't really talk throughout the school year but every summer we got together again like no time had passed at all.

"Why didn't you tell me you were in town? I would've come over when you got home." She said still hugging me.

"It's been a busy 2 days. I'll fill you in later." I said eyeing Emelia who was standing in the doorway watching us.

"Oh! Emelia, this is Stacey. Stacey, this is Emelia, my..........Friend."

"Well hello there. You are gorgeous." She said excitedly pulling Emelia into a hug.

Emelia looked at me with a confused expression and I shrugged at her and laughed.

Stacey let Emelia go and looked back at me.

"So how's the hunky boyfriend?" She said walking over to my coffee pot and pouring herself a cup

I glanced over at Emelia who turned her eyes back to her lap top.

"He's good. We are going to Stanford together in the fall." I shrugged. "I'm thinking about asking him to meet me in NYC in a few weeks."

"Ooooo sounds romantic and I'm jealous." She directed her attention to Emelia. "So are you from here beautiful?"

"Um.... No actually. I just moved here from Colorado."

I looked at Emelia. I didn't know that.

I don't really know anything about this stranger I'm sharing a house with.

"Wow big change! What brings you here?"

"I am working for Mr. Lancaster actually."

"Sounds like you've got it made!"

"It's a pretty good job." Emelia shrugged and smiled at me.

"So Emelia. How would you feel about helping me throw a welcome home party for Clara?"

"Stacey n........" I started.

"I was talking to Emelia." Stacey said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes.

"Anyways...... what do you say?" She looked back at Emelia.

"I think a party sounds fun."She shrugged.

My mouth dropped open. I did not think Emelia was a party type. She seemed way to studious for that type of thing.

"Yay!" Stacey cheered and ran over to hug me. "Come with me Emelia." She grabbed Emelias hand and drug her through the kitchen.

"Close your mouth you look crazy." She whispered as she passed me with a smirk.

I smiled. This girl was just so full of surprises.

I followed the other two women out to the living room. We decided to spend the rest of the day in the pool. I lounged around the pool soaking in the warm air. The other two were really hitting it off. They were laughing, swimming and planning a party.

It really seemed like everyone Emelia came into contact with liked her. She was just too friendly.

Golden retriever energy and just as cute as one.

Did I really just think that?

I like Men. I like Men. I like Men.............But I can appreciate a beautiful woman right?

I looked over at her lounging on a chair. She looked beautiful in her Yellow Bikini. She had replaced her reading glasses for sunglasses and she literally looks like a model laying over there. I would definitely rub sunscreen on her if she asked..........

Stop it Clara. You are letting the intrusive thoughts win.

I wrenched my eyes away from brunette by the pool and I climbed out and excused myself to my bedroom.

I grabbed my phone and called Eric.

"How come every time I see you, you're in a bathing suit?" He laughed as he answered the phone.

"The weathers just so nice her." I smiled at him.

"I think you are just trying to tease me." He joked.

"No. No teasing. I just like hanging by the pool."

"I know babe." He smiled. He was adorable.

"Listen. Do you want to meet up in NYC in like 2 weeks? I miss you too much."

"That sounds amazing. Just text me the details when you figure them out!"

"Of course babe. I was just calling to ask you that and see your face. I miss you."

"I miss you too."

"I'm gonna go swim some more."

He nodded his head. "Of course! Send me some pictures of you in that Bikini" he winked

"Okay." I blushed "love you."

"Love you too."

We hung up the phone.

Now there's no way the intrusive thoughts win. Not now that I've reminded myself how cute and sweet my boyfriend is.

I walked back to the pool and somewhere in the back of my head a voice was saying "I'd definitely rub sunscreen on her" every time I looked at Emelia.