hanni › keep me with you

Start from the beginning

"So, Y/N," Heeju started, looking at you with a coy smile. You groaned, already knowing what she was going to bring up. "A little birdie told me that you and Hanni Pham nearly got physical in the cafeteria today." She wiggled her eyebrows suggestively, making Sunwoo laugh, meanwhile you rolled your eyes.

Hanni Pham. The annoying(ly gorgeous) senior in your science class that you can't stand. She wasn't necessarily a generally annoying person or someone who enjoys getting on people's nerves-she's not even the type of person that accidentally gets on people's nerves. She just happens to get on yours. For whatever reason, ever since your junior year, you and Hanni have, at every given opportunity, butted heads. The two of you just clash, and you don't know why.

You scoffed, a bright red blush creeping up your neck. "First of all, it's definitely nothing like that, weirdo. Secondly, that brat was getting on my nerves. I swear, she pisses me off more than you do, which should be impossible." You completely ignored Heeju's vocal disdain towards your statement, and continued to vent your feelings towards your fellow senior.

"It's just- It feels like she just can't help but act like she's all this and all that whenever she's around me, and it's so annoying!" You exclaimed. "Like, get this: last week, I was chatting with Danielle, my tablemate, and out of nowhere, Hanni starts to throw crumpled up balls of paper at us! Can you believe that? I don't know what I did in my past life to deserve this treatment, but it is getting on my goddamn nerves." You grumbled out, crossing your arms.

Just as you were about to stand up to take a sip of water to cool down from your rant, the studio door creaked open and in walked Chu Sarang, a shy freshman who you recognized from your science class. You set down your water bottle and put on a friendly smile, before walking up to her and bowing, while she did the same. You noticed that she seemed rather nervous, and the acknowledgment of that started to tug at your chest, but you brushed it off. Sarang was harmless. She's the last person who would do anything to you, so the gut feeling probably had nothing to do with her. You hope.

"Is there anything we can help you with?" You questioned, folding your hands in front of you.

She bit her lip before speaking. "Uhm, if it's no problem for you, Mrs. Huh has requested you down in the science room. Something- Something about an extra credit assignment...?" She trailed off, looking at you expectantly.

"Oh, yes!" You replied. "That's great, thank you for coming to get me!" You turned away from her to face Heeju and Sunwoo, who wore serious expressions, which nearly startled you, but you brushed it off. "I'll be back before you know it, guys. Continue without me for a bit." You noticed the skeptical look on Sunwoo's face, which was a huge contrast to the usual light expressions he always wore, but again, you brushed it off as nothing.

"Okay. Be careful, Unnie." Heeju muttered, looking into your eyes intently. Your eyes slightly widened in confusion. She never calls you Unnie. What's going on? You were starting to grow skeptical yourself. But you needed this extra credit badly.

With that thought, you simply gave her a courteous nod, and then turned on your heel. You exited the room with Sarang, who kept her bashful gaze on the floor the whole time.

The look on her face was almost... sympathetic? No, it was a look of guilt.

But it went unnoticed by you.

🏫

As you approached the science classroom, Sarang spoke up in a timid timbre.

"Good luck with the, uh, extra credit, Sunbaenim! Fighting!" She cheered meekly, raising her hand to show you a fist of encouragement. You smiled at her actions, all feelings of anxiety and dread slowly dissipating.