Chapter 13: New Torna

Start from the beginning

"You can put your hand down, Nick." Huh? What does Herald mean? I look down and realize that my hand was extended in front of T-elos. Did I do that subconsciously?

"Oh, yea I don't know why I did that." The royal militia finally let us off the ship claiming that they had found nothing on it. "Ok so does anybody know where we're supposed to go?" Everybody shook their head, this is when we realized that this is all our first time in the Agnian region. It's honestly surprising that we're just now realizing this.

"Well first things first, we should probably ask around and get a map of the region," Cadman states as we walk away from the docking area. "Herald and I will obtain a map while you all ask around for a way to get to Torigoth City. Let's all meet up at the statue over there". He pointed over to a large statue that seemed to be in the center of the area we were in.

"On it!" Raye exclaims as we all split up and ask around. T-elos and I decide to walk out a bit farther than the others to some shops and ask them for directions. Well, it was more like I was asking them. T-elos stood behind me most of the time. I think she might have intimidated some of the people we spoke to, albeit by accident.

"Ok thank you for your time," I say to a vendor who gave us enough information to decide what to do. "Alright, let's make our way to the meeting point."

"Very well," T-elos says as we make our way to the statue in the center of the district. I notice that this place must be very popular since there are so many people around the place. We get to the place and decide to wait for the others. The city was really wonderful now that I have a chance to really look around.

"Hey, T-elos, when the mission is over maybe we can come- ow!" I feel my body get pushed forward as I instinctively throw my arms out to balance myself. I turn around and see a hooded girl. "Oh sorry, I didn't notice you!" Wait why am I apologizing?

"Oi out of the way!" She then rushed off. Almost as if she was running away from something. That's when I hear someone yelling off in the distance, and it was coming closer.

"Someone stop her!!" Huh, the royal guard? Was she a criminal or something? I'm not entirely sure what's going on, but I'll try my best to help. Maybe it'll also help relieve some of the daggers that were thrown at us when we were on the ship.

"T-elos you up for this?" I ask her as the guard runs past us.

"Heh, it might be a little fun?" She says as we start running after the guards and the girl they were after. Thanks to Newt's training, my endurance has increased greatly, I'll definitely have to thank her at some point! "Nick, we should take the high ground, we're getting nowhere on the ground." She's right, we'll just be running around and get tired. We use Telo's jumping affinity to scale a building and ran across the rooves.

"Hey what's going on?" Huh? I turn to see Raye and Zenobia have managed to catch up to us from somewhere. "We saw you dash away from the statue and knew something was up!" Raye exclaimed.

"Long story short. We're helping the royal guard catch a Gormotti girl who was running away from them." I say in between breaths.

"Got it! We'll continue the chase from up here. You two find a way to cut her off! Let's go, Zenobia!"

"See ya later little bro!" Zenobia says as they blast past us. Were they always that fast? That's amazing!

"Come on T-elos! We can't let them outrun us!"

"Heh, I'm actually running this fast so that I won't outrun you." Huh?!?! Am I just slow?

"Wait really?"

"Maybe. Just keep up." She's just messing with me at this point. We finally find a point where we can safely jump from a roof and continued our chase on the ground. I'm surprised that I was able to run this long. Being the driver of an aegis-level blade must come with its perks I guess. "Nick I see her. She's on the street across from us. We just need to be a bit faster to cut in front of her."