———————————————

A tear rolled down Arisu's cheek. Why did Karube have to be right about that? Why did him and Chota have to leave?

———————————————

"What's your deal?" Karube asked. "Your life isn't over."

"What?' Arisu looked over at him with a certain look on his face.

"Quit making that face like it's the end of the world." Karube told him. "I'm not sure what you wanted to tell us, but that was pretty stupid. Is your life so pathetic that missing some dumb interview will end it?'

"Who cares about that stuff anyway? Did your dad pulls some strings? Just blow it off and let's figure out what to do later." Chota smiled.

"Yeah, who cares about an interview? Maybe you missed it because it was fate or something." Hana said.

"Arisu. In life, even when it feels like you've hit a dead end, you turn the corner and there'll be a narrow road leading you forward." Karube told him.

The air was suddenly filled with laughter by Chota and Hana. Karube gave them both a look. "What?"

"That's not very convincing coming from a part-time bartender." Chota said, making Hana laugh even more.

"Yeah. It was a nice inspirational quote. Did you search that online?" Hana joked.

Karube looked offended. "What? Why don't you two come up with some ideas then?"

Chota and Hana both looked at each other. "Hmmmm."

"See! You don't have anything!" Karube told them.

"But what you said was cool." Chota pointed to Karube.

"Yeah, it was." Hana teased.

"Fuck off." Karube joked.

"My mind went totally blank." Chota defended himself yet he still laughed.

"Enough of your shit, man." Karube said.

Meanwhile, Arisu took a moment to look at his friends with a smile on his face. They were everything to him.

———————————————

It was morning again and Hana was currently on a walk. She made sure to be careful in case she accidentally walked into the King of Spades.

Luckily she was just coming back to where her and Arisu were staying.

She noticed Arisu still in the same spot on the ground, his eyes were practically glued to the sky.

"Hey, we should do something," Hana said once she was closer to Arisu. "Like hunting or finding something in a store."

Arisu looked up at her, his facial expression was still filled with sadness.

"If we don't get anything, then it will be weeds again for supper." Hana waved the leaves around slightly, but Arisu was still unfazed by it.

Hana frowned as she placed the weeds down and instead grabbed a bag, then placing it down on Arisu's chest. "If you want meat, then try to help me. I can't do this alone."

Arisu looked up at her again and she put on her sweater. He felt bad for not talking much today, but he hurt too much inside.

———————————————