6.13. дом (Home)

дом (Home)

2016, Moscow (one day later)

"Are you mental? We can't stay in the same hotel, do you know how dangerous that is?" Costia exclaimed while Natasha texted someone on her phone. She rolled her eyes as she looked up, a few strands of her blonde hair falling in her face due the movement. "It's not like anyone knew we were there before. You're being paranoid."

Costia scoffed. "No. No, I'm not." she said as she looked out of the window of the jet, seeing nothing but woods around. "You're just not taking this serious enough."

Natasha sighed before she put the phone in her pocket. "Alright. Fine, you're right. Let's not discuss this now." she smiled.

"You're not saying that because you actually believe it, do you?" the brunette asked.

Natasha shook her head before she stood up, helping her wife up right after. "No, we gotta go though. I arranged us a car."

Costia followed her silently, knowing the last thing Natasha wanted to do right now was argue. She didn't want to either, but she also didn't want to be caught by Ross. "Where are we driving to?" Costia asked while following Natasha through the woods. She really hoped she knew where she was going, because Costia didn't.

"Home. Your home." Natasha answered.

Costia stopped walking, she herself didn't realize it. Natasha turned around to look at her, "Are you okay, darling?" she asked concerned, furrowing her eyebrows. The brunette wasn't looking at anything specific, just to the ground.

"Uh, yeah. I'm alright." she said when she snapped out of her trance. She continued to walk, Natasha joined her to lead the way.

The brunette was lost in thought, trying to think about literally anything but her brother. She only now realized how much she cared for him. It made sense, he was the only person from her real family who could possibly be alive. It was a small chance, but there was one.

"How do you even know where my home is?" Costia wondered as she walked with her hands in the pockets of her leather jacket. "I never told you. I don't even know it myself." She admitted.

"I had full access to Dreykov's controls. I got every information I could get my hands on." Natasha explained. Costia couldn't say she was surprised, it was such a Natasha thing to do.

They continued to walk for a while in a comfortable silence. When they got into a more civil area Natasha pointed towards a red car. Costia chuckled while she got into the passenger seat. "You couldn't have picked a more obvious colour?"

"Hey, it wasn't my choice." Natasha protested. "Take what you get."

The brunette grumbled an answer while Natasha started driving. Her pulse was racing, thoughts of her brother occupying her mind. Maybe all this wasn't a good idea, as far as she knew her brother was dead and there was probably another family that had moved in the house.

Costia didn't even feel like she had the right to be sad about her brother, she couldn't really remember what he was like. She was seven when they were separated. "Nat, maybe we shouldn't do this." Costia said, the blonde glanced over at her. She was confused at first but the confusion was quickly replaced with worry.

"No," Natasha protested, "you deserve to know." she said while laying her hand on Costia's thigh.

The drive wasn't too long and eventually they ended up in a village not so far away from the city. Natasha checked her phone before the two got out of the car, a thick silence was filling the space between them. The blonde walked up to a house, it was rather big but a little old.