Should I Join?

She has been sitting in front of the laptop for almost an hour. She sighed. She re-read the email "Dear Nadine, we would like to offer a participation on dating reality show, single inferno season 2. We will be shooting on Decmber 2 to December 12. If you're interested, please respond immediately. We hope to hear a good news from you soon. thank you.". "Hmm. What is this? It only been four days since I came back to Korea. I need more rest. My head is about to crack."

"Then,you'll die."

"Ackk, What?" Nadine scream at a sudden hearing voice.

"You said your head is about to crack"

"Izi, my heart almost exploded. Can you please knock first?". Nadine mad at her little sister who just suddenly came into her room.

"Heart explosion sounds scary. How can you say that so casually?. You're so scary. Are you really a future doctor?

Nadine stand up from the chair and lay on her bed. She is too lazy to argue with her only sister. Her mind is somewhere else. She close her eyes. "That email. That offer. Shoud I accept it ? Should I decline?." She whispered.

"What did you say?" Izi asked as she walked and sat in Nadine's study chair.

"Nothing!". Just a simple answer.

"Ommmmaaaaaaaaaa" Izi suddenly shouted. Their mom quickly run to grasp the situation.

"What happen? Why? What wrong? Is there something wrong? " their mom asked while slowly catch the breath. Nadine also open her eyes upon hearing the shouting.

"See this. See this. See this. She got an offer to came out on Netflix Show. Single Inferno. It is dating show but quite great." Izi show the email on the laptop in front of her that nadine forgot to close. "Really?" "Yeah, most of the people in the season 1 got famous and their followers was also huge. I think the payment is also great." " This girl. Why you always think about money. Is money everything?." "Omma, I alreay told you I want to become a CEO and make a lot of money." Her mom turned around and look at Nadine who still sit on the bed. Nadine just stiff on the bed hearing the conversations. She did not plan to tell them yet until the decision is made.

"When did you receive this email?"

"12 days ago."

"Have you decide it?"

"Not yet".

"When the final answer?"

"Tomorrow."

Her mom walk and sit beside her. "I know what you are thinking and what are you afraid. You just finished semester, coming to Korea and need some rest. and.....its variety plus korean variety show. Omma know its hard for you. You were born in New York and growing in America. Your friends, your surrounding, you have been exposed to western culture since you born until now. You come here for like a month in a year or maybe less. You are not fluent speaking Korea. You don't know much about Korea.

"Maybe nothing". Izi suddenly interrupt.

"Izi!!," Her mom raise her voice. "Sorry". She apologized. "It's my fault that you guys not know much." her mom sadly said.

"Its not your fault mom." Nadine reassurer her mom.

"......but, Doyoung ah, just think postive, it will be hard but it might give you a new experience. Meet new people, New surrounding, New culture, you know spending time with people from various background that live in Korea since born is new for you and maybe good for you.

Nadine smile."Okay omma."

"and you get to date too. learn to flirt and meet man. you have not date for too loooong. who knows you might meet a soulmate there. or your future husband. so sweet. plus you never date a korean man who live here. so yeah try test the wateeer." Izi proudly said. Nadine stare at her.