"Will this thing even start?"

She turned the key in the ignition and the car spluttered to life. She turned to look at me with a "told ya so" manner.

If I'm being honest I found this whole ordeal very amusing but I couldn't let her know that.

She pulled out of the airport and started driving towards my fathers house. My phone started buzzing in my pocket about halfway there.

It was Eric.

"Hi Eric." I smiled answering my phone.

"Hi babe. How was your flight?"

"It was pretty boring. I don't understand why my father couldn't have scheduled a later flight. How was your drive home?"

"It was okay. I wish you could've come with me."

"I know." I pouted. "But we will be at Stanford together in 3 months. I'll also try to come visit you as soon as I can."

I looked out the window and we were pulling through the gate to my fathers estate.

"Listen babe I'm just getting home. I'll call you later." I said glancing at Emilia who was clearly listening.

"Okay. I love you."

"Love you too." I smiled and hung up the phone.

"Boyfriend?" Emilia asked.

"Uh... yeah."

"Is he cute?"

"Extremely."

"Good for you! The cute ones are hard to lock down at your age." She laughed.

"At my age? What are you like a year older than me?" I said sarcastically.

"How old are you?"

"18." I stated firmly

"Then I'm three years older than you thank you very much." She pulled into a parking spot and we got out of the car.

I climbed out of the car and started walking towards the house.

"You're welcome." Emilia said behind me in a sassy way.

I spun around and looked at her. No one had ever talked to me like that. Most of my fathers assistants either groveled at my feet or refused to talk to me at all.

I continued looking at her as she walked past me into the house letting the door close behind her.

What the fuck. She's a pain in the ass. At least I won't have to see her very often.

I walked into the house and up to my room. I wanted to take a nap. Just as I was closing my eyes my phone went off again.

"Hello?" I groaned into the phone.

"Are you sleeping? It's 12 PM Clara." I heard my fathers voice laugh through the phone.

"Well someone sent a plane for me at 6 AM."

"Oh I'm so sorry princess. You have such a hard life." He said sarcastically through the phone.

I laughed with him.

"It really is. Anyways is there something you needed father?"

"Yes I'd like you to come to dinner with me tonight. My flight gets in at 6. I'll send a car for you around then."

"Sure. As long as it's not the same car as this morning. That thing was a death trap."

My father laughed.

"Emilia really helped me out this morning by getting you. Don't give her a hard time."

"Yeah yeah. She doesn't seem like your typical hire. Very head strong. Not a lot of groveling."