"Listen, have you ever been down in the kitchens, Hermione?" 

"No, of course not," said Hermione curtly, "I hardly think students are supposed to" 

"Well, we have," George said, pointing at himself, me and Fred, "loads of times, to nick food. And we've met them, and they're happy. They think they've got the best job in the world" 

"That's because they're uneducated and brainwashed!" Hermione began hotly, but her next few words were drowned out by the sudden whooshing noise from overhead, which announced the arrival of the post owls. Harry looked up at once, and saw Hedwig soaring toward him. Hermione stopped talking abruptly; she and Ron watched Hedwig anxiously as she fluttered down onto Harry's shoulder, folded her wings, and held out her leg wearily. Harry pulled off two letters and offered Hedwig his bacon rinds, which she ate gratefully before handing me the letter with my name. 

"Sirius" Harry said when I gave him a questioning look. I opened the letter and started reading as Harry did the same with his.

Hey Little Wolf,

Hope schools not to boring and that you're still pranking. How are you feeling Moony told me about your chat after the Quidditch world cup. How are the nightmares?  Just remember don't hide who you are from anyone and talk to your friends it'll help trust me.

I'll see you on your next Hogsmeade weekend, let me know when that is.

Love you,

Pads (Although it should be Padfoot but I'll allow it because I love you) x

Below Pad's writing is a bit from Moony.

Dear Wolf

I hope you're behaving at school and not taking Sirius's advice when it comes to it. How are your powers. If you feel like you're losing control again talk to Dumbledore and he'll get me straight away, we arranged it that way before I resigned. I'll be with Sirius on your next Hogsmeade visit so I'll see you then if you don't need me before then.

Love Moony.

Fred and George were immersed in further discussions about the Triwizard Tournament as I read the letter. 

There was a pleasant feeling of anticipation in the air that day. Nobody was very attentive in lessons, being much more interested in the arrival that evening of the people from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang; even Potions was more bearable than usual, as it was half an hour shorter. When the bell rang early everyone took their school things back to their dorms before heading down to the entrance hall. The Heads of Houses were ordering their students into lines.

 "Weasley, straighten your hat," Professor McGonagall snapped at Ron. "Miss Patil, take that ridiculous thing out of your hair." Parvati scowled and removed a large ornamental butterfly from the end of her plait. "Miss Potter, that jacket is not uniform remove it" I did as she said and started trying to rearrange my robes to cover my neck like my jacket was before.  "Follow me, please," said Professor McGonagall. "First years in front no pushing" They filed down the steps and lined up in front of the castle. It was a cold, clear evening; dusk was falling and a pale, transparent-looking moon was already shining over the Forbidden Forest. Fred wrapped his scarf around my neck as I looked up at him.

"Thank you" I said leaning into him slightly as he put an arm around my shoulder.

"No problem" I looked at Harry who was standing between Ron and Hermione in the fourth row from the front and also saw Dennis Creevey positively shivering with anticipation among the other first years. 

"Nearly six," Ron said, checking his watch and then staring down the drive that led to the front gates. "How d'you reckon they're coming? The train?" 

"I doubt it," Hermione said.