11 | Making Things Official

Start from the beginning

"Miss Jones," the teacher warned and Isadora gulped as Billy smirked at Little Miss Perfect being told off for talking and she momentarily glared at him as he walked past her and sat down at his normal desk. Despite being told off, it didn't ruin her mood for Isadora Jones was happy for the first time in a long time. For the first time in the last few years, she felt like everything in her life was finally falling into place again. She had been doing better in all her classes, once again achieving straight A's in pretty much all of them and since the fair, Isadora and Billy had been spending a lot of time together, although lately, Isadora had been spending so much time with Billy that her friends rarely even saw her, except for when they were all at school together. During class, Isadora focused her attention on the notes she was writing down in her notepad and listened as the teacher talked to them and asked questions, answering many questions that the teacher asked but as she went to answer another question, a student groaned loudly and Isadora lowered her hand.

"Princess, why don't you let someone else answer?" Billy suggested, reminding Isadora of the day she had first met Billy. Feeling her cheeks heating up, she turned to look at him and shrugged.

"Well, seeing as you're so keen to participate, Mr. Hargrove, why don't you tell us the answer to the next question?" The teacher suggested.

"You know what, I like that idea," Isadora said and Billy scrunched his nose up as he glared at the blonde, who smiled innocently at him.

"I'm sorry, what was the question again?" Billy asked.

"Who was captain of the Titanic when it sank on April 15, 1912?"

"Oh, that's an easy one. It was Edward Smith," Billy said. Isadora turned to look at Billy and raised an eyebrow as he answered the question.

"I mean that answer is correct but can I ask how did you know that?" Isadora asked him.

"Do you remember when you had been talking to me about that book you'd been reading which you found really interesting?"

"Yes? You mean the one where I thought you hadn't been listening to what I had been saying?" Isadora asked him.

"Guess I must've been paying more attention than I thought I had been," Billy told her wryly. Isadora looked over at him and smirked as one of the girls in the class looked between the two and frowned.

"I didn't think Isadora and Billy even talked?" She whispered to Steve, who looked at the girl and shrugged as Isadora returned her attention to the front of the classroom. For the remainder of the class, she scribbled away at what she'd been working on earlier in her notebook and when class ended, Isadora waved goodbye to Billy before she followed Steve and Kendra out of the classroom.

"What book was Billy referring to?" Steve asked as the group walked.

"Walter Lord's; A Night to Remember. I had been reading it and was telling Billy about it but I honestly didn't think he was really listening when I was telling him about it," Isadora shrugged.

"And why did you get told off?" Kendra asked.

"Billy was saying he'd see me in the gymnasium on my free period and I was asking him what made him think I was even going to go to the gymnasium during my free period," Isadora explained.

"Probably because you're there every time you have free period," Steve pointed out.

"That's totally not true," Isadora retorted. Steve rolled his eyes at the blonde as they walked over to grab lunch together and Steve watched in surprise as Isadora grabbed a sandwich and some cookies.

"Isadora Jones, are you eating something besides a chicken salad?"

"Yes," Isadora nodded, choosing to ignore him as she looked through the rest of the food options before she grabbed a drink and moved aside to wait for Steve and Kendra to grab what they wanted for lunch before the three of them walked over to their normal lunch table.