I set my bag on the table as I walked into the kitchen, "So August, you know how me and Lani are going out with Devin and Astryd tonight?"

"Don't remind me." He huffs.

"Aw baby, you'll survive one night." Delani cups his face with one hand trying to sympathize for her separation anxiety having boyfriend, but fails as she holds back her laughter.

"I won't." He grumbles.

"I was thinking instead of being alone, you could hangout with Alessandro, his brother, and Marco." I suggest.

"I'm cool with that." He said feeding Delani a peach slice.

"Great!" I smile, "Now all I have to do is ask him."

"Alessandro?"

"No his brother." I answer making sure my car keys were still in my pocket.

"What you got going on with his brother?" Delani asked teasingly, raising her brows.

"We're together, and it's none of your business." I said grabbing my bag again.

"What!? That's not fair I tell you everything!" She exclaims.

I scoff, "No you don't. You ain't even tell me when you and August got together, mama told me."

She hops off the counter walking up to me and grabbing ahold of my hand, "And that's something I'll regret for the rest of my days, but please don't make the same mistake I did." She exaggerates feigning a plea.

I laugh snatching a my hand away grabbing two juice boxes from the fridge, "Girl, if you don't get out my face." I chuckle heading towards the door, "Just trynna be nosey." I mutter.

•••••••

"Carver?" I asked as I hesitantly open his office door. He looks up from his paper as I walk into the room and he sets down a pen.

"Girasole." He said, the sweet name rolling off his tongue brought a smile to my lips.

"You have a private elevator." I stated setting my bag in one of the chairs facing his desk.

"Correct." He gives me a single nod the edge of his lips quirking upwards.

"The day we got locked in the elevator together, why didn't you just take your elevator?" I asked a smirk rising upon my lips as I watch his eyes narrow at me and a faint red appear to his cheeks.

"I saw a beautiful woman taking the service elevator, and wanted to join her." He answers quietly, begrudgingly.

I take to apple juices from my tote bag with a triumphant smile, "Beautiful? Didn't you call me a cheater on that same day?" I raise an eyebrow walking around his desk.

Behind his desk, he turns his chair towards me as I now stood facing him and he holds both hands out for me.

I took a step closer and I gasped when his hands were on my hips and he pulls me to sit across his lap before he took a juice box from my hand.

"I didn't call you a cheater. I asked you questions that insinuated that you were one?" He clarifies poking the straw into the juice box.