She avoids my question, "Can I stay at your place tonight?" She asked.

"Always." I smile, and which she returns.

"Can you guys get out of my car now? I have date I would like to prepare for." Tyson exasperates making haste movements with his hands.

I exaggerate a gasp, "A date!? Do tell." I demand.

A faint blush blankets his cheeks as he feigns annoyance, "It's none of your business, but it's with the Ezmai, the woman I told you about."

"Look at Ty, going on dates and stuff." Astryd smiles poking his arm teasingly.

"They grow up so fast." I spoke mournfully as I pinch his cheeks.

He grimaced swatting my hand away, "Alright, Alright. Go to work." He saids and I laugh when he locks his doors as soon as Astryd gets out the car.

When we get inside the building Astryd sits behind her desk with an exhausted sigh.

"Delani's visiting this week." I said excitedly, "She's staying at a hotel, and I would let her sleepover but August is probably coming with her, and I think you can figure out the rest."

"Aww I haven't seen Lani since she was a little high school senior." Astryd smiles.

We had to cut the small talk short and start work, but I couldn't ignore the feeling that nagging at me, and I couldn't decipher what the cause of that feeling was.

•••••••

Soon as I open the door I throw my arms around my little sister.

I had gotten off of work a couple of hours ago and today was not as hectic as past days, which I was thankful for, but that didn't make me less tired and I had took a nap soon as I had gotten home. Astryd was coming later on since she was getting her stuff from her place.

"I've missed you too, but please loosen your grip." She mutters letting out a small laugh.

I chuckle letting my arms fall to the side and moving to the side to let her into my apartment.

"Wow, I feel so welcomed." August murmurs sarcastically as he steps in through the doorway.

"That's good." I nod dismissively, closing and locking my front door.

"Is that what I think it is!?" Delani exclaim hurrying to the kitchen.

I smile at seeing my little sister smile, she had an contagious smile that warmed my heart, "I made your favorite."

She opens multiple drawers until she finds the one that holds the silverware grabbing herself a fork with a excited smile, and she takes a bite of the peach cobbler straight out of the dish.

"Can I have so—" August attempts to get a piece but my sister swats his hand away making him flinch back.

He sighs sending me an accusing look, "Look at what you did, you turned her into a monster."

He wraps his arms around her picking her up setting her away from the dessert and he takes the fork from her and taking a bite of peach cobbler for himself.

"August if you don't move I won't talk to you for two hours." She glares at him as he stares down at her adoringly that was soon replaced with betrayal at her words.

"Ven, that's like two days." He gapes.

Despite trying to be upset a small smile formed on Delani's lips as she looks up at her boyfriend, "You're over exaggerating, Augs." She takes her fork back kissing his cheek before walking around him back to the peach cobbler.