Chapter Twenty-One: I'm Bringing The Party To You

Picture is Aaron Taylor-Johnson by unknown.

Music is "Young & Beautiful" by Lana Del Rey cover by The Theorist on YouTube.com.

All rights go to their rightful owners.

· ~ · ~ · ~ ·

"I'm bringing the party to you." ~Tony Stark

· ~ · ~ · ~ ·

WARNING: PG-13 rating in this chapter for implied sexual intercourse. It's nothing graphic or obscene. It's only implied.

If you don't agree with that, simply skip the last section of this chapter. Don't leave hate coments, please.

Thank you.

· ~ · ~ · ~ ·

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

I waited. For hours. Three to be accurate. I waited three freaking hours for Pietro to come home, but he didn't. I called Wanda, I called Vision, I called Clint, I even called Tony, and no one knew where he was.

I ended up falling asleep while waiting for a call from him with the phone still in my hand. My body and mind are completely drained of any and all energy. Why couldn't I have easier powers? Like expert marksmanship like Clint. I guess there are worse cases. Like Bruce and the Other Guy.

When I feel a smooth hand on mine, I wake up in a flash, pushing whatever or whoever touched me away. When my eyes focus, I see Nat holding the phone I had in my hand. She smiles softly at me, a mothering look.

"Oh... Nat, it's just you," I sigh, partly relieved, partly sad that it isn't Pietro. "What are you doing here?"

"Clint told me you were looking for Pietro, and you couldn't find him. I came to check and see how you're doing."

I sit up and straighten myself. "I'm worried. No one seems to know where he is, and I've tried everyone."

"Did you try Wanda?" she asks, putting my phone on the bedside table.

"Yes. You'd think that if he would tell anyone, he'd tell her."

"Glory, can I tell you something about Eastern European superheroes?"

"Sure."

"Well, sometimes we Russians just need to get away, to think," she says, a slight smile on the corner of her lips. "Clint and I used to do it all the time before he got married. Just leave, without warning. We'd throw a dart on a map and go there for a week or even more, if we felt the need to."

"But why?" I ask, confused.

"He's dealing with a lot," she says, quietly. "He came back from the dead, back from a reality where he almost lost his powers, and now you're changing."

"Still doesn't give him the right."

"No, it doesn't, and if I were you, I'd probably shoot him when he comes back," she chuckles in her deep voice.

I smirk. "Thanks for the idea."

"I lied. I have another reason for being here besides Pietro," she admits.

"What's that?"

"I'm helping you get ready for the party tonight."

I smile. "Really?"

"Of course. I am a lady, as well as an Avenger. I do have style."

"Oh, yes you do. Let me get a quick shower, then maybe help me with my hair and makeup?"