"Stop being scary. What happened to Nyla, who swore up and down she wasn't scared of anything and could beat my ass?"

"I don't know. I don't wanna do this no- SELENE!"

The ride took off, tossing everyone. Selene laughs, tears forming in her eyes as she held onto her trucker's hat while holding Nyla's hand.

"You ready, baby?" Selene taunts as they reach the top of the roller coaster.

"Oh my god, I can't. I'm dying!" Nyla cries, her eyes glued shut. She tried to keep them open, but the wind wasn't allowing her to.

"Here we go." And just like that, the roller coaster took them straight down before pulling them back up into a loop.

Nyla keeps her tight grip on Selene's hand. The only thing on her mind is how she's not getting on anything else.

The ride goes on for a few more seconds before slowing down, finally coming to a stop.

Nyla wastes no time and quickly unbuckles the safety belt. "Never doing that again. Shit had me scared, but I held my own. Fuck that." She mumbles to herself exiting the ride, not bothering to wait for Selene.

A few seconds later, she feels arms wrap around her shoulders from behind. Nyla said nothing, already knowing who it was.

"You did good, Ny. You ready for the next one?" Selene asks pointing to a ride that took you in the air and spun in circles, twisting and turning you all kinds of ways.

Nyla frowns.

"Can we do the go karts first? I need to catch my breath before I die for real. You want me to die?"

Selene mugs the shorter as she mushed her head.

"You always asking dumb shit."

"You ain't have to push me like that. It's giving domestic violence."

"iTs GiVinG—shut up."

"Sigh, you're so mean to me. Were you loved as a child?"

Selene only shakes her head as they made their way to the go karts.

Hours later the sun had gone down, leaving the sky black, sparkling with stars

Hours later the sun had gone down, leaving the sky black, sparkling with stars. The two of them sat quietly on the Farris wheel, Selene's arm wrapped around Nyla, while Nyla rest her head on Selene's chest.

Nyla was beyond tired. They'd spent all day getting on rides, eating, playing games, and winning prizes.

"You want to get off, or go again?" Selene asks Nyla, who had her eyes closed.

"Can we go again, please?" She whispers, rubbing her eyes.

Selene nods.

This would be their third time going, but that was only because Nyla didn't want to leave Selene, knowing that once she got home, Selene would have to go back home.

"This the last time, then we have to go." Selene tells her when the ride starts again.

A few minutes later, they are off the ride, making their way to Nyla's car.

"You should carry me everywhere." Nyla tiredly laughs, wrapping her arms tighter around Selene.

"I'm only carrying you cause your tired and you were walking too slow."

"Not my fault, shouldn't have let me eat all that now I got the itis."

Selene only shakes her head, wondering why it seems like they parked farther than where they actually parked.

Before they can make it to the car, a loud cry comes from Nyla as the two of them are knocked to the ground. Nyla hits the concrete head first.

Nyla groans, curling into a ball, holding her hands over her ears as they ring. Selene wastes no time jumping up, looking around for whoever did this.

Her eyes scanning the parking lot' til she locks eyes with a red eye creature sitting in the trees, ready to pounce again.

Selene charges at the creature, her eyes converting to their natural all white color as she transitions. The creature jumps off the tree, rushing her as well, both of them colliding into each other. Ear-piercing screams pour out of the creature while Selene growls low, sinking her sharp claws into its chest.

Selene yanks out her hands, tearing out its insides. She pays no attention to the black liquid that stained her clothes, she just wanted to kill it.

Standing up, she stumps on its head, silencing its loud cries. Selene stomps a few more times, leavings chunks of its brain splattered across the parking lot.

She makes her way back to Nyla, who had passed out.

Selene fully alters into her demon from before carefully picking Nyla up, holding her close to her chest.

Not bothering to take Nyla's car, she flies back to Nyla's house, knowing that her flying would be quicker.

She'd get the car tomorrow after making sure Nyla was ok.

Happy Valentines Day🧸❤️65 votes for the next chapter

65 votes for the next chapter.