chapter 2

kylies pov

a couple hours later

"kylie, grab table 2" Cyrus spoke while heading to the kitchen with plates in her hands. I walked over to the table and took the orders of the group sitting there. it was a bunch of guys, all in black and laughing. as I walked back to the counter, I bumped into someone. "sorry, I didn't see you" I said. she looked up at smirked, "why do you just so happen to be everywhere I go" the girl nextdoor. "I work here" I mumbled. she smirked, again, and went to sit with her group, which just happened to be table 2. How didn't I notice who the where- I thought. I gave my orders to nicki before going to the back room. I let cyrus deliver their food and called faye.

"kylieee, your supposed to be at workkk" she sung. "I am at work I just need to not be at work faye". she laughed hard and mocked me. "I don't wanna be at work waa." she laughed even harder. "I told you not to get a job" she added. "you know I was really hoping it wouldn't have been a mistake to call you" I rolled my eyes. "bye kylie, have fun at work" she chuckled and hung up. I sighed and put my phone down.

"carter if you don't get back to work-" my manager spoke while passing by me. "on it" I insisted. I took a deep breath to calm my anxiety, and went back to the counter. "kylie, check for 2" molly said and handed me the receipt and a card. "wait take this to 4 as well" marcus said and handed me two plates. I went over to table two and handed them their card and receipt, "thanks doll" the girl spoke. I smiled and continued to deliever the plates to table 4.

"do yall need anything else" I asked table 5 then procceded to check and deliever to all the other tables that weren't already being waitered. the group at table two was still there. I walked over back to the counter as cyrus then handed me a bucket of dishes and grinned dramatically. I did the same and laughed then went to the kitchen to drop them in the sink. "carter when your done come to my office" my manager spoke. I did as told and went to her office.

she closed the door behind me and told me to sit, "kylie.." she never calls me by my first name. "I got a call from faye, I think you should go home. and take the rest of the week off" she said quietly. I gave a confused look, "kylie, im telling you to go home. right now, go" she added. I got up and changed out my uniform, no questions asked.

I grabbed my skateboard, "yo carter, where you be going" cyrus spoke while I passed by. "I just have to go home, ill be back" I lied.

I looked over to see table two, the group still there, but now watching me. they started to get up as I walked out the door. I skated home as fast as I could, there were two cars outside, only one being mine. I walked inside and saw karina in the living room with my dad. "wheres faye" I said interrupting their conversation. They were speaking to someone on the couch. "faye..left..she ran out the door and we cant find her" karina spoke quietly while stepping my way.

I stepped further into the lving room to see my mom sitting on the couch.